How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 AM

Default Some over the top heaviness from the ElevenRack

Howdy folks,

Back with some new stuff, still digging my ElevenRack :) I've been getting some great mileage out of it playing in a variety of different bands (a rockabilly band, an alternative rock band and an extreme metal band). The Matchless sim is still AMAZING.

But back to the topic... here's a demo of the first song we've put together for the extreme metal project. It's still a work in progress, but it was all made possible with the ElevenRack and Pro Tools. The drums are Superior 2.0. Still digging the Avid ecosystem, but just waiting until the upgrade to Pro Tools 10 becomes more affordable before I make the upgrade

There are 4 tracks of guitar, two with the DC Modern amp and two with the SLO. I did one track with the Dyn 7 and one with the Dyn 421 for each amp. The jangly bit is the Matchless, a truly amazing simulation! The solo was done with an SLO I think. I used my 7 string Soloway for all the rhythm parts, but the solo was done on an Agile 8 string with a 30" neck. I'm really digging that so far! A truly remarkable guitar for the price. I used the Ampeg model for the bass, and did the vocal with a regular SM58.

I also tried to come up with something in the 8-string vein. I have it tuned to drop E on the bottom, it "gets lower" than Lil' Jon and the Yin Yang twins! I think I was using the DC Modern amp for this.

Bastard
Bastard - with the 8-string
Below Zero - 8 string madness!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Some over the top heaviness from the ElevenRack

Cool man \m/

The drum sound is very "early Slipknot" like IMO, especially the snare/kick sound. Which snare is that (on 'Bastard')?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-11-2012, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Some over the top heaviness from the ElevenRack

Hey Benoni, thanks for checking it out! The snare used was the Tomas Haake Engineering 7x13". I have also linked another take of the same song, I sped up a couple of parts and retracked the guitars with the Agile 8-string, sounds much more aggressive!