How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2010, 10:24 PM

Default EZplayer Pro Problems

I am having problems with EZplayer Pro.

My Toontrack software versions are, Superior Drummer.dpm© Toontrack AB 2007, Version 2.2.1 and EZplayer.dpm© Toontrack AB 2006, Version 1.0.5
I installed from the factory disks, registered, downloaded the updates, installed the updates, and authorized the software per the read me files.

Problems I am having with EZplayer Pro:

After I drag and drop a groove or grooves from the browser to the arranger and set it to loop the patterns change. Mostly it is the bass drum pattern but sometimes other instruments in the kit.
Putting Protools in record seems to set this off but some times it happens after opening a session and doing nothing except pressing Play.
This happens no mater what drum sampler I direct EZplayer to trigger (Superior, Strike, Structure). I am configuring the EZplayer tracks per the manual to output to the proper MIDI channels and samplers.
(For Structure I am using GM)
This happens mostly at 120 BPM but happens at other tempos also. This happens when EZplayer is synced to session tempo or internal.
The grooves play fine when auditioning them in the browser.

I am having sync problems when recording to Pro Tools at any measure number other than 1. I have tried looped and non-looped patterns.
I have tried the sync setting at immediate, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4. The recorded information is off by the sync setting
except for immediate. Immediate causes the same instrument drop outs as experienced when looping as described above.

I am also noticed that the MIDI meters on the instrument tracks in Pro Tools are not returning to zero after EZplayer playback has stopped. I don't know if this indicates a MIDI feedback loop or some other problem or nothin.

Is anyone els experiencing these problems?

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:58 AM

Default Re: EZplayer Pro Problems

Are you setting the track's properties in the Arranger window correctly? If you have the manual, look at section 4.6 - pg. 21. I think this is where you can tell EZ player to start playing when your PT session starts and to sync with the host tempo and all that. I usually drag the grooves from the library in EZ player to the grid in the edit window of PTLE. So I'm not sure if I am pointing you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.
GregJ
Old 04-22-2010, 01:12 AM

Thanks Greg but I think this is a bug.

Here is the response that I received from Toontrack.

"We were not able to recreate your problem. The session you attached worked fine on our systems, so I am afraid we don't have a solution to your problem at this moment. I have forwarded your logs and system specs to the programmers, hopefully they can solve it and implement a fix in the next version. I have no information if and when this will be however.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience."

So they could not recreate the problem but they might fix it in the next version but they don't know when.

This is a totally LAME response. This is a blowoff. I sent them the Toontrack error logs and they can't even tell me if the problem is something in my system or something in there software.

I sent them my system specifications, all plug-in versions, a test session, their error logs and the Protools error logs and this is the response I get?

I guess his is what happens when your case gets escalated by Obedia to the guy at Toontrack that is in charge of packaging.

If you are using Protools HD 8.0.3 in OS X 10.5.8 I wouldn't expect Ezplayer Pro to work. It isn't for me.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:12 PM

Here is the latest email response from Toontrack on this problem.

"I just spoke with the head programmer for EZplayer Pro. He has just compiled a new version that will fix this issue. It is still couple of weeks away, since we need to build installers and do a quick beta test. Just thought I'd let you know that help is on its way, so hang in there.

Thanks"

I emailed back asking if they would let me know when it was available and the response was...

"Please check your account from time to time - the update will be available for download there as soon as it is live."

So hopefully this upgrade should correct the EZPlayer Pro crashing/hanging Pro Tools problem, and the having to reset the Strike preset in the Arranger window after saving and reopening a Pro Tools session problem.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:11 AM

Here is my latest email response from ToonTrack on the EZplayer Pro update.

Hi,

it is still in the making. Currently a lot of resources are being used on the Beatstation project (both inhouse and betatesting-wise), so until that one is in the bag I'm afraid I don't think that the EZplayer Pro update will be released. I have unfortunatey no release date. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you,