Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2003, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Here ya go.....

Couldn't figure out how to stream it, and uh, it is mp4.... Should I change it?

http://homepage.mac.com/kriswhitten
Old 06-17-2003, 02:09 AM

Cheers 8mm & da BaSsTaRd! you've taken the track in the spirit it was intended [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'll post a "serious" one soon, then the truth will be out!

I can't get that MP4 to stream Kris..

-Steve

Windows7 64bit, RME UCX, Asus Z97-P, i7-4790K@4.00Ghz, 32GB Ballistix Ram, Console 1, Unity Audio Rocks, RME UCX.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:02 AM

Intel Doc,

how did you record those guitars? What kind of pres were you using? It sounded great!

bp

Also, daB, that was more reason, right? Sounded great.

bp
Old 06-17-2003, 05:07 AM

IntelDoc - those acoustic guitars sound great. What kind of guitar is it? Did you use a mic pre for the Oktavas or did you go straight into the Digi?
Yosemite OS
Old 06-17-2003, 07:57 AM

Here is the next installment from the same guy. Recorded last night. Not final, but close. Still waiting for the solo stuff and possibly drums. I do not like this one as much as the other, but it is nice.

http://members.cox.net/andrewsintel/FoundAndLost.mp3

BTW: As for the first song, I took it off my site. Sorry I am limited to space there until I can put it elsewhere. The new one above is there.

What I did for "Train Wreck"

On a recommendation by Chris Cavell, I bought 2 Oktava 319's and LOVE THEM! Set one about 18 inches back from the neck angled in towards the sound hole. Ran the other in ront, but behind the hole. Also ran direct in to the Art DI/O Tube direct box. Recorded at 48K 24bit. Ran the mics into my Digimax Presonus LT and set the levels accordingly. Actually did not clip at all! Kinda nice. Added some TrueVerb, to a AUX track for the guitars. Bussed them all to that guy. For the vocals I used the RODE NTK and ran it into the Presonus as well. Added a little verb and the DeEsser to that as well. For the Master Fader, with some aid from some others (Bastiaan, Calvin) I added the REQ6, C4 and then the L2 and did some fine tweeking for now. That is what I did pretty much for both of these tracks. Had the artist put new strings on the night before which really makes a HUGE impact on the sound.

Oh ya, He is playing on a Signature Series Seagull. Very nice guitar compared to the seagull that I have. (That will change when I pick up my Taylor at the end of the month)
He plays lefty and upside down. Never seen that before. Strings it for right handed but flips it. Kinda strange!

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 06-17-2003, 08:32 AM

you mean the oktava mk319, for $199 each?

Also, that was two different guitar parts overdubbed, right?

bp
Old 06-17-2003, 08:51 AM

Yes the Oktava 319's, but I landed the pair for 82 bucks a piece at Guitar Center! They say they "retail" for $599.00 but they sound great.

I had him record the first track, then duplicated the three tracks and re-recorded over it. Made him vary it ever so slightly, then panned that hard to the right. That gave it some nice depth.

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 06-17-2003, 08:51 PM

O.K. friends
One of My Fathers Day gifts was ,wife and I in the studio for a couple hour's.
The disclaimer start's like this:
I wanted a guitar part to play the drums to,
got the drums,
Time for bass, ...... tired of guitar song already.......that's o.k. .....mute.....
big dirty guitar feel goin' on ,.......till I laid down the piano.then I thought I found the vibe I was goin' for,only it 's sort of repetative and it all fall apart in at least two different areas,........but I still kinda dig it.
What about this?... Roy?... Burner?..... I send you the PT session cut and paste the ***** out of it to fix the train wreck's and a sweet Howell lead
[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
A soothing yet satisfiying Burner rap [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
What ever, just a thought .
Might need to just start over ..... it's...just....
I ......kinda ....like the sonic's/fidelity of it [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] here goes. Father's Day [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2003, 08:53 PM

It's kinda big 5 meg,
all PT
Old 06-17-2003, 10:05 PM

Hey archtop...
I like it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] If you'll just add a countoff, I'll be glad to throw down something on it.( a simple 4-count Hi hat at the beginning will do, it makes it easy to sync the sessions up when I send my track back to you). Then just bounce an MP3 w/ countoff, put it on your site, and I'll convert it here...all that stuff.
I do like it...nice and raw...it's a little hard to make out a couple of the piano chords in this mix, but no big deal. Let me know... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
~Roy