Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Big problem... Aux latency!!

All,

I converted to PT 7.3.1cs5 mid project (dumb i know) and now my parallel drums buss is phasing... obviously this is caused by latency. its jut off by a few samples.. but it takes all the punch from the drums and makes em sound phasy.. I cant have this!! It was fine in 7.0.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have a fix?

-s0nguy
Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Big problem... Aux latency!!

OK... did more tests yesterday.

For some reason the problem is not the aux sends. it is the master fader... when ever I insert a plugin on the master it doesnt not get delay compensated when send to my final summing aux.

If I move all of the plug ins to my final summing aux the phasing goes away. So... seems to me the master fader is broken.

Anyone else notice this?

-s0nguy
Old 10-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Avid

Quote:
OK... did more tests yesterday.

For some reason the problem is not the aux sends. it is the master fader... when ever I insert a plugin on the master it doesnt not get delay compensated when send to my final summing aux.

If I move all of the plug ins to my final summing aux the phasing goes away. So... seems to me the master fader is broken.

Anyone else notice this?

-s0nguy
This isn't broken - Master Faders are not compensated for, as they are typically the last 'object' in the chain and wouldn't need to be. There was a long discussion about this a few months ago and the workaround is to put the same plug-ins on both faders or us an Aux rather than a Master fader.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:

This isn't broken - Master Faders are not compensated for, as they are typically the last 'object' in the chain and wouldn't need to be. There was a long discussion about this a few months ago and the workaround is to put the same plug-ins on both faders or us an Aux rather than a Master fader.
Ok... fair enough. I have changed the way I work to allow for 7.3 However, the questions remains... why did it work in 7.0?

-s0nguy