Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2003, 06:10 AM

Default New DV Toolkit for Pro Tools LE — Desktop Audio Post Production is Here

Just read this article on the digidesign website New DV Toolkit for Pro Tools LE — Desktop Audio Post Production is Here.

It says you can import OMFI's and it will show Timecode in the timeline but it doesn't say anything about synch to picture? Does it not need a USD, VSD or SYnc box? What about picture?

Anybody have a better understanding of this article posted by digidesign off their main page?
Old 07-03-2003, 08:21 AM

Default Re: New DV Toolkit for Pro Tools LE — Desktop Audio Post Production is Here

Hello Audiowings,

This i could find:

DV Toolkit Option for Pro Tools LE
The new DV Toolkit for Pro Tools is an optional cross-platform bundle that adds desktop post production functionality to your Pro Tools LE system. DVToolkit option enables timecode ruler functionality in Pro Tools LE and also includes DigiTranslator 2.0, Synchro Arts VocALign Project and an AudioSuite-only DINR™ plug-in. Specific functionality includes the ability to edit audio with timecode functionality, import and export of media files with other applications — particularly Avid Xpress® DV, and the ability to replace bad on-camera dialog and repair/restore poor field audio.

import and export of media files with other applications

It seems to me that the syncing will be stamped on the audio files. It also says you can import and export mediafiles (though especially avidexpress).
Somewhere else on the website it said that there will be compatibility with AVoption for 1:1 jfif (but it was not clear if its for pro tools 6.1 le. probably so, for avoption is already for tdm systems)

not sure if this helps,

but cheers anyway,

Sum

Old 07-03-2003, 08:38 AM

Default Re: New DV Toolkit for Pro Tools LE — Desktop Audio Post Production is Here

For the additional $800, I think Digi is ripping people off.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:25 AM

To sync to picture you will still need another sync box, such as the MOTU Digital Timepiece. This gives you video black for your timing and smpte for your position. Unless you are working with a Quicktime movie, in which case the DV toolkit still gives you the smpte timeline, OMF import, Vocalign and an Audiosuite DINR. You can currently work to pic without the toolkit, but the smpte timeline is, imo, one handy feature that I currently miss.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:28 AM

I just went to the digistore and I couldn't find the above mentioned product or the 6.1 upgrade. I guess it'll be a couple of days yet.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiowings:

It says you can import OMFI's and it will show Timecode in the timeline but it doesn't say anything about synch to picture? Does it not need a USD, VSD or SYnc box? What about picture?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">synch to picture is going to be SO EASY with the DV toolkit. all you need is visual timecode on your video. after you digitize the video, import your movie and synch it up to the smpte time line in pro-tools. that's it!

as for trying to synch pro-tools to a Video deck, i honestly don't know anyone that is doing that anymore..that's SO 20th Century [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2003, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I guess it'll be a couple of days yet.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">mid-july
Old 07-03-2003, 11:41 AM

[QUOTE
as for trying to synch pro-tools to a Video deck, i honestly don't know anyone that is doing that anymore..that's SO 20th Century [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

We just got our Avid Video XL Option box. I sure hope this isnt too close to the new DV option. I would feel ripped off.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pk_hat:
For the additional $800, I think Digi is ripping people off.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">bingo...............I can get Final Cut Pro 4 for much less and have more video power. It's a cool idea for LE but the price is not. Im just thankful for rewire........thank u digi