Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2003, 08:08 AM

Default The Digi002 Lie... We Pay!

I just got a responce from Digi about their 002 lie. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Read this!

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We understand that the dates for eligibility may be different than expected and apologize if you had received any misinformation at your time of purchase.

Do please understand though, that we really need to keep the integrity of our timeframe as set and unlike previous upgrades which have had a shorter retroactive period, we have extended the Digi 002 nearly 5 months to include the discontinuance of Apple OS9 operable systems.

Best regards
Customer Service Administration
Old 05-29-2003, 08:24 AM

Default Re: The Digi002 Lie... We Pay!

Quote:
Originally posted by BeachDog:
I just got a responce from Digi about their 002 lie. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Read this!

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We understand that the dates for eligibility may be different than expected and apologize if you had received any misinformation at your time of purchase.

Do please understand though, that we really need to keep the integrity of our timeframe as set and unlike previous upgrades which have had a shorter retroactive period, we have extended the Digi 002 nearly 5 months to include the discontinuance of Apple OS9 operable systems.

Best regards
Customer Service Administration
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You have every right to be pissed. If you want to talk "timeframes", OSX was released in 2001. Digi released the 002 in 2002 and it wasn't OSX compatible. Digi should be thanking their loyal customers who shelled out $2200 USD and have been waiting patiently for 6.0.2 by giving them a free upgrade. Someone in Digi customer support needs to pull their head out of their ass and look at the "big picture" here, to put it bluntly.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:55 AM

Even me, I received same message from digi.
I replied talking about LIE, and another fact: 5.3.2 LE is affected by a terrible automation bug that make automation unusable (read old posts).
So DIGI would give us a 5.3.3 LE version, without automation bug, or 6.x LE for free!
Sorry for terrible english

INSIST! CALL DIGI, send emails!
bye
Old 05-29-2003, 11:12 AM

Not only all this 002 stuff people.. Dont forget that 6.1 is comming out soon. Are we gonna have to shell out $$$ for that too?? So i will have to pay 75 bucks for 6.0.2 (which is the biggest ripoff bunch of crap that I have ever seen) but not even a month or 2 later Im sure I will have to pay for an upgrade to 6.1 (or they will just make us 002 users wait 4 more moths for version 6.1.2 and pay for that..). TOTAL MALARKAY

-James
Old 05-29-2003, 11:57 AM

I hate this feeling. Such a good product in the hands of people you can not trust. Digidesign, why do this?
Old 05-29-2003, 01:10 PM

AWW MANNNNNN I feel so burnt, like I just got kicked in the chest by my best friend. So uncool, so unfair to a loyal customer base. That's serious crap. Logic is looking pretty good right now...

It's all about TIMETABLES??? Digi could have MADE UP a better excuse! Wow. The last time I felt like this was when I was working for P. Diddy- you learned to accept things like this on a daily basis- Digi, do you want to be compared to P. DIDDY???? LOL

Sucks.

-David Bayles; Art & Fear
Old 05-29-2003, 01:32 PM

My gut feeling is you 002 guys are getting screwed. And regardless of what was said, it seems like they should give 002 owners free upgrades to 6.x regardless of when they purchased if the 002 never really worked as advertised. But for the sake of argument, where exactly did Digi state that 002 owners would get upgrades to 6.x if they purchased before January? I mean technically, did Digi lie? Didn't they do exactly what they said they would do? Again, don't flame me, I'm just trying to see where they "lied", you know?

G4 1.25DP/FW800/1.25GB/OS X 10.3.5/Digi 001/LE 6.4
Old 05-29-2003, 01:48 PM

That's a great question. I remember reading something in the first news releases announcing PT 6 that Digi had posted on their site. Of course, if you go there now, there is no mention whatsoever. Did they change the documents?

Most people had a verbal commitment, either from a salesperson or a Digi rep (as was my experience) at the time of purchase that Digi would provide a free upgrade. I was at a demo being done by a Digi rep and when i brought up the matter he assured me that Digi would take care of me. Exactly.

I called customer service to complain and was informed that Digi was compiling a list of irate customers, I suggest anyone in our boat complain to Digi. Maybe they'll do something about it. Here's the contact information:

CSA Phone: 650.731.6198
8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Thursday PST
8:00am – 3:00pm Friday PST
CSA email: [email protected]

Spartacus
Old 05-29-2003, 01:55 PM

Dan,

Myself, I was only told this would be coming free. It was one BIG reson for moving to the Digi002 without concern. I was real hot on the dual processor support and added power that PT6 was billed to have. Since then others have come forward with the same story. If you read the note from Digidesign you can also see that they are suggesting it WAS the company line back when they released a new product that would not run on Apples current operating system. (OSX) I'm sure someone will find a writen statment before too long. Still, what damage control will work when you are lied to Dan? This hurts, and Logic, and others will be able to capture some market share from this. You watch. Right now if someone offered to buy my 002 I would listen and consider my options.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FirstStep:
The last time I felt like this was when I was working for P. Diddy- you learned to accept things like this on a daily basis [...]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I caught part of a VH-1 special on P. Diddy a while ago. Showed him completely bitching out his restaurant staff becasuse the macaroni and cheese dish didn't meet his high standards. Then they showed him butchering R.E.M's "Everybody Hurts" in some kind of impromptu acoustic set. He wasn't even close to being in key. How this no talent ass-clown ever built an empire worth millions is beyond me.