Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2002, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Does anyknow if a Lexicon Core 2 will work with Reason?

Have you downloaded new drivers?

The Core 32 would cause freezes occasionally when rerouting.

I'm remembering...something about that. PRAM doesn't do it? I think you must re-seat it. Also, what about your PCI slot order?

Remember, its hardware, and you basically have to remind yourself it ain't a plug. Even though it appears in the menu.

But, did you say it works ok with Cubase?
Old 03-23-2002, 05:21 PM

I started with mac OS extensions only and it started working again. cool! I do have the newest drivers also. As far as cubase goes.... man, that prgram is not intuitive. i can not believe wait I haver to do to get this working according to the mp100 manual. I tried it and I dont see a plug in for it. I wonder if this could just be used as a stand alone reverb unit and if so, how? It seems to work good in Reason. DP keeps crashing, unrelated. reinstalling the OS cause the time has been up. hopefully DP will start working on thsi old Mac. I'll keep ya's updated.
Old 03-25-2002, 01:27 PM

It's a G3 upgraded 9500/200 with a powerlogix powerforce g3/300 190 megs of RAM and just reinstalled os9.1 (as high as I can go cause 9.2 wont install). I got the internal 2 gig with the system and apps and i got a digital western ultra wide hard drive internally connected to an adaptec 2940uw

cubase says there is a problem with the plug in. I guess the first time i tried all of this i didnt do a custom install and it never put the plug in in there. DP 3.02 wont even recognize this card now. i guess I dont need the mp100 anyways and it does work with reason so maybe I am good to go till I upgrade to logic. How do you like Logic? i am such a Pro tools guy. I cant work with anything else. Cubase needs to fall off the face of this planet as it is the most cumbersome, unintuitive, piece of crap software I have ever encountered. It's real simple... just like in PT's I want a IN and an OUT. The IN would be what input or Bus I am recording. the out would be what OUTPUT or bus on the card I want the signal to go to. is this too hard? I understand why i use PT's now and I would hate to think Logic is as bad as Cubase. and i thought DP was bad. I kinda got used to DP.
Old 03-25-2002, 02:20 PM

Logic is pretty in depth, i have only scratched the surface of it really. I dig being able to use VST plugins and VSTi's.
Some things in Logic are really funky, i am having a hard time w/ all the windozes, there is like 500 of 'em! Sometimes, i do not even realize i have so many of them open.
The routing is much easier than Cubase. Almost like PT. Automation is weird, its all weird, i LOVE PTLE, i guess its just easier cuz i have been using it since Feb 2000.
Logic runs very well on my 7300 upgraded w/ a XLR8 MPe carrier and an Apple OEM 366 zif overclocked to 390/195 1mb backside cache.
I am pleased w/ logic, but not my knowledge, or lack thereof, of logic. Logic also has some really great built in plug ins, all the distortion ones, and the delays are great too.
I like making a beat or doing synth parts in logic, then adding a bunch of plug ins to drasticly change the sound, then record that into LE. Try to get your hands on micro logic, its free and it will give you some idea of logic, i am not sure if it supports ASIO, but...somehow i am sure it does.

rawk

sdf

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 03-26-2002, 12:30 AM

I have the lastest Drivers, also, when you install, the installer should ask you where you want the ASIO driver and the VST MP100 plugin, you might have stuck it in another VST folder. You can make a duplicate of both the ASIO driver and the VST MP100 plug and put them where ever you like.
I did this for the ASIO driver, have a copy in Reason, and in Logic.

That MP100 plug in is kinda weird. I can ONLY get it to work in "cascade mode". Which is same inputs as outputs.
Also, i noticed if i donot disable the inputs in the LexiControl Panel for the MP100, and launch Reason, the FX that is defaulted, gate, i think, is automatically set up on the output, or is it the last FX used. I am not sure, but that damn thing acts like its on....Found this out the other nite when i was trying to figure out where a
delay was coming from.
BTW, what type of Mac, and which OS are you using with the Core-2?

sdf

www.sugarhillstudios713.com