Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 05:13 PM

Default Re: PT 6.7

DIGIDESIGN CAN KISS MY ASS... I WAS LOOKING FWD 2 LEARNING BEAT DETECTIVE BUT NOT FOR $75 DOLLARS..
IM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING CHANGING THE FORMAT IN MY STUDIO BACK TO DP4 I LOVE PRO TOOLS
BUT HATE THE WAY AVID TREATS CUSTOMERS... ATTN USERS.... IF U HAVE A LE SYSTEM SELL IT !!! NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE
I WILL WAIT AND GET THE HD SYSTEM BECAUSE DIGI TREATS LE USERS LIKE REPUBLICANS TREAT THE MIDDLE CLASS
THEY KEEP RAPING US FOR $... GIVE US US FREE!!!! GIVE US US FREE!!!! BASTARDS !!! I TURN ON MY MAC 2 DOWNLOAD THE SHOULD BE FREE 6.7 TO LEARN THAT BECAUSE I WAS FIRST TO GET A 002R WHEN IT CAME OUT THAT I WOULD BE PENALIZED FOR
THAT BY PAYING $75 FOR THIS WAY 2 LATE UPGRADE(BY THE WAY WERE IS DIGI TRANSLATE!!! HMMM!! MAYBE AFTER THEY GET YOUR $75 THEY WILL WANT $100 FOR A TRANSLATOR UPGRADE!!! GET YOUR VASELINE OUT FELLAS..)
THANKS ALOT DIGI YOU SHOULD PAY ME FOR THE UPGRADE AFTER CONVINCING 6 OF MY OWN FRIENDS TO GET LE SYSTEMS
Old 10-29-2004, 07:08 PM

Quote:

DIGIDESIGN CAN KISS MY ASS... DIGI TREATS LE USERS LIKE REPUBLICANS TREAT THE MIDDLE CLASS
THEY KEEP RAPING US FOR $... GIVE US US FREE!!!! GIVE US US FREE!!!! BASTARDS !!!
a true democrat, angry and wanting something for nothing.

[url=www.myspace.com/chuckbutlermusic[/url]
Old 10-29-2004, 07:16 PM

I became a PT user with a 002 Rack system taking delivery around the first week in September.
This means I received weeks and weeks of use before being required to pay for an updated version of PT.
This is not an appropriate way to treat me as a customer!
Old 10-29-2004, 07:17 PM

Quote:

DIGIDESIGN CAN KISS MY ASS...
What an idiotic rant, I don't even want to comment......but I guess I just did.
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 10-29-2004, 08:28 PM

Quote:

DIGIDESIGN CAN KISS MY ASS... I WAS LOOKING FWD 2 LEARNING BEAT DETECTIVE BUT NOT FOR $75 DOLLARS..
IM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING CHANGING THE FORMAT IN MY STUDIO BACK TO DP4 I LOVE PRO TOOLS
BUT HATE THE WAY AVID TREATS CUSTOMERS... ATTN USERS.... IF U HAVE A LE SYSTEM SELL IT !!! NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE
I WILL WAIT AND GET THE HD SYSTEM BECAUSE DIGI TREATS LE USERS LIKE REPUBLICANS TREAT THE MIDDLE CLASS
THEY KEEP RAPING US FOR $... GIVE US US FREE!!!! GIVE US US FREE!!!! BASTARDS !!! I TURN ON MY MAC 2 DOWNLOAD THE SHOULD BE FREE 6.7 TO LEARN THAT BECAUSE I WAS FIRST TO GET A 002R WHEN IT CAME OUT THAT I WOULD BE PENALIZED FOR
THAT BY PAYING $75 FOR THIS WAY 2 LATE UPGRADE(BY THE WAY WERE IS DIGI TRANSLATE!!! HMMM!! MAYBE AFTER THEY GET YOUR $75 THEY WILL WANT $100 FOR A TRANSLATOR UPGRADE!!! GET YOUR VASELINE OUT FELLAS..)
THANKS ALOT DIGI YOU SHOULD PAY ME FOR THE UPGRADE AFTER CONVINCING 6 OF MY OWN FRIENDS TO GET LE SYSTEMS
calm down, turn off cpas lock, and just listen. If you look at the "What's New" document, you'll see why it cost $75. The document is OVER 55 PAGES LONG. With all those new options, are you expecting it to be free? Do you see Steinberg offering its Cubase users a free upgrade? Same goes with Apple and their Logic DAW. Heck, even MOTU is charging $150 for their 4.5 upgrade. Whine all you want, but that $75 will be well-spent. Unless you wait for 7, but that could be a while.

TDM guys have already smacked down enough money to buy a very decent car, so they deserve to get something free for once. Why do you say that Digi treating us LE users like crap? They've just upgraded our DAW to something that's putting LE back up there with the other host-based DAWs, and all you can do is complain about the price? Granted, I don't have the money right now, but who gives a crap? It won't be the end of the world if i don't upgrade right away.

You've gotten the last 8 or so updates for free, many of which had some great improvements (6.1 comes to mind), and the minute you have to put down some cash, you start flipping out? Look at how much you spend on gas for just one month, then you tell me who's raping who.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:44 PM

Quote:

IM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING CHANGING THE FORMAT IN MY STUDIO BACK TO DP4 I LOVE PRO TOOLS BUT HATE THE WAY AVID TREATS CUSTOMERS...

I WILL WAIT AND GET THE HD SYSTEM BECAUSE DIGI TREATS LE USERS LIKE REPUBLICANS TREAT THE MIDDLE CLASS THEY KEEP RAPING US FOR $

GIVE US US FREE!!!! GIVE US US FREE!!!! BASTARDS !!!

I TURN ON MY MAC 2 DOWNLOAD THE SHOULD BE FREE 6.7 TO LEARN THAT BECAUSE I WAS FIRST TO GET A 002R WHEN IT CAME OUT THAT I WOULD BE PENALIZED FOR THAT BY PAYING $75 FOR THIS WAY 2 LATE UPGRADE(GET YOUR VASELINE OUT FELLAS..)

Are we cross today?

I leave my politics out of my Gearhead discussion groups, just like I leave my Gearhead stuff out of my political discussions, but once someone else puts it on the table, all bets are off.

I'm not sure where to start, but I'll give it a shot.

$75 is quite a bit of money to some and not so much to others. If the time to sell your current system, purchase a new one, set up a new one, learn a new one and have no less than a few days of downtime where you cannot earn income is worth less than $75 to you, then yes, by all means do everything that I just mentioned and sell it.

Beat Detective is obviously not a very important feature to you. If it was, you would purchase it. Since it is not, there is little use in complaining about it since you do not want it.

You are not being penalized for buying an 002R when it came out. You have had the opportunity to USE it for a year. I've been a Logic user for 7 years (that's another entire post) and the new Logic Pro 7 is $299 to upgrade. I think that's a bit steep. In this free-market society, I, as the consumer have made the decision not to purchase it. They are not capitalist pigs, opportunists, facists, greedy bastards or any other term used by malcontents to loathe others who have more than them. They, like all of us are in business to make money. If Apple, Digidesign or any company does not sell enough product at "X" price to cover expenses and make a profit, they will either
1. lower the price
2. offer a better product
3. go out of business (yes, all the whiners would love this option until they realized
that nobody was going to be making their beloved software)

Just because you have to pay for something that someone else doesn't have to pay for does not mean that you are getting screwed. It's not a zero sum world.

In fact, this is even taking it a step farther. Not only do you expect the update for free, you actually want money because some of your friends purchased PT LE systems. You are entitled to just as much money as I am after my friend rode in my Honda Accord, liked it and went and got one. NOTHING. The attitude of "I deserve this or that for free" is simply astonishing. What incentive would Digidesign have to make and develop a better product if they do not reap a reward for their work. Folks, this is simple Capitalism 101.

If this update is crap, then don't buy it. Real simple.

As far as the Vasaline. Not a product I use too often, but if I need some, I guess I'll know who to call.

BTW, Republicans are not "Raping the middle class for money" But, this isn't about politics, right?

John Wilkinson
[email protected]
Old 10-29-2004, 11:10 PM

Certainly not worth $75 to me. 001 exemption seals the deal as well. I'm not seeing a single thing that would suggest a fundemental change in architecture which would preclude exempting the 001. Just bad marketing. Stupid even.

I've reviewd the new features. The majority of which are available as standard features on most other platforms.

understand that this is an underhanded ploy to cut off 001 users right before tiger comes out.
Just absolutely [bleep] business. I'll be looking for a cross grade, pronto!
Old 10-30-2004, 01:34 AM

What a lot of whingers -if you don't like the upgrade, don't buy it. Is that too difficult a concept ?

Personally, there looks to be a good few things in there that will really help my workflow-just simple things like being able to colour regions and markers, Beat detective and more.
Perhaps if the upgrade saves me enough time, I'll be able to spend the time gained moaniing and whingeing on the DUC !

I for one will happily buy the upgrade, and then get quietly back to work, and earn back the $75 (£55) it will cost me. -Thanks Digi-
003 & Midas Venice desk
Mindprint DTC
Soundelux U99
Drawmer M-Clock
Old 10-30-2004, 01:47 AM

...... and no reply from Lenny ace. Not a peep. What a suprise.

I'll pay $75. It looks worth it.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:05 AM

This is funny. Why have the threads here lately gotten all out of control? From simple posts to government conspiricy theories.

People on forums usually don't start getting enraged until the holiday season. Looks like the election is causing similar anxiety.

Just curious what makes people respond as they do.

C