Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 08:04 AM

Default Re: PT 6.7

Quote:
I don't mind paying for updates occasionally if they provide a lot of useful upgrades. This is the most disappointing upgrade I've seen.

NO faster than realtime bounce
NO freeze tracks
NO CD burn from within PT

75 bucks for beat detective? We've worked around that for years with ReCycle and now Live

Read ''Whats New in LE 6.7', its much more then Beat Detective.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:20 AM

funny if you click on the link at the bottom for screenshots :
For more Pro Tools 6.7 details and screenshots, visit the Pro Tools TDM or Pro Tools LE software overview section.

the LE shot is 6.4 windowz......... says so right on the title LOL
Old 10-28-2004, 11:39 AM

I'd say that using any software based system is like signing up to pay for upgrades. Would it be better if there were no upgrade? You can always not buy it. The upgrade path from 6.4 to 7 is probably going to be the same as from 6.7 to 7 don't you think? So I guess the U/G's not available yet, huh?

I'm sure I won't use any of the listed features, but it's worth it if they change the way the interface looks even just a little bit. Gets old lookin' at the same thing all day. Anyone wonder why you can't change the color of the PT interface or put Van Halen stripes on it or have Spongebob Squarepants characters as markers?

I had to take my GF to dinner last night since I was in deep trouble for staying at the studio all weekend, and I WISH it had just been $75.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:05 PM

So I looked over the update specs, and if I am missing something important, please someone tell me.

I don't use MIDI, so none of that really makes much difference to me.

I use a Mac, so Windows compatability with older SDII files really doesn't matter much.

I am the only user of my machine, so I am the administrator. I don't need other users to be able to access PT or anything else.

When I make major changes to a session, I do a "Save As", so the history might be nice, but really not important.

So the only thing of value in this update for me would be Beat Detective, and color coding, is that correct?

So I guess the only real decision for me would be, is Beat Detective worth $75, or do I hold out for 7. I've gone so long with out Beat Detective, I can probably wait for 7 if that is the only thing useful to me.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:54 PM

It's a middle of the road update. Gets them cash to get you to PT7.

I'd be interested to see what ends up in 7. There are still a lot of holes in all the pro audio apps. Logic 7 didn't address the audio editing as I would have liked (it's stable for me but Apple screwed a few 3rd party AU plugs). Still to me, there is room for any one of these apps to really put a dent in the others and they don't do it.

Perfect app for me is a mix of PTools and Logic (which has loops now otherwise I'd through Live in as well).

C
Old 10-28-2004, 05:33 PM

So does anyone know what Beat Detective LE means? Any idea on what they are leaving out.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:32 PM

You can use it on more then one track at a time.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:36 PM

To get a really good feel what this update entails, download the "What's New In Pro Tools LE 6.7" document here. There's LOTS of cool stuff. I just hope that it runs even "unsupported" on the Digi 001.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I'm sure I won't use any of the listed features, but it's worth it if they change the way the interface looks even just a little bit. Gets old lookin' at the same thing all day. Anyone wonder why you can't change the color of the PT interface or put Van Halen stripes on it or have Spongebob Squarepants characters as markers?
now ,that ,is freakin hilarious!! i want exactly what you're saying!! being able to put goofy markers and decorations on the mix window!! ya know? it's the little things that keep us going!\
Old 10-29-2004, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
now ,that ,is freakin hilarious!! i want exactly what you're saying!! being able to put goofy markers and decorations on the mix window!! ya know? it's the little things that keep us going!\
I thing you struck gold! Digi!!!!! Pleeeeaaase!!

I want a customizable interface so I can have Aqua Teen Hunger Force tell me when my mixes suck.. lol

-Kevin
ProTools LE 6.7 - 32+5
Digital Performer 4.5 - 128+32, No I'm not kidding. =)