Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 06:01 AM

Default Re: PT 6.7

Quote:
Beat Detective LE will let you work with loop based audio (which generally has stereo loop tracks).. and will let you create a tempo map based on a live performance without having to manually use Identify Beat.

Pro Tools 6.7 is a major rewrite which introduces Tick Based timing... this is not a simple point upgrade... and bodes of some powerful future features to come.

Rail
Hey Rail, just exactly is this tick based timing? I've read,but I don't have a clue what it does
Old 11-05-2004, 06:53 AM

Quote:

Hey Rail, just exactly is this tick based timing? I've read,but I don't have a clue what it does
Kind of like 'LIve', audio regions will be locked to Bars|Beats instead of time code (samples). You adjust the tempo, the audio regions follow. Unlike 'Live' they don't compress / expand to fil. So using Beat Detective and not consolidating will be a useful production tool.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
So is it just an annoyance that you can't process all the tracks at once, or will it negatively affect the final product?
its worthless if your trying to time correct your multitrack drums. if you BD each track seperately, you end up w/ horrible flamming and phasing. the tdm version lets you BD the drum multis as a group, ie... it analyzes the tracks as a unit so your phasing and timing stays together between the tracks.
First of all, let me say, having PTLE has allowed me to meet and chat with many many nice people around the Globe. And I really do love my 002.... BUT..
I figured from the first time I seen the words -beat detective LE- it wasn't gonna work like the REAL beat detective.
WHATS next? Surround LE? Only can hear one channel at a time.
Man, like I said...I love my 002, I've gotten pretty dang good with it. But the whole PTLE thing is like having a World War II fighter plane.....it was top dawg in it's day, but today... it'll get out performed with ease!
And yes, I can make music on it. I can make music on a four track cassette Fostex too. And with both of them you gota learn the shortcuts and tricks, when somethings are lacking.
PTLE is good, but it's features are lacking BIG TIME!!!! I really don't want to learn a new DAW. But I'm glad I've got buds with Nuendo and Logic.(I'm slowly learning) And I'm completely blown away at what they can do with the stock stuff on thier DAWs'! And yeah they have thier stumbling blocks too, not as many as PTLE.

I know digi can't give LE too much stuff or few will want thier high dollar HD systems. AT the rate computer speeds are increasing I'd be scared too! In this age of technology, it's quickly becoming a do-it-yourself World. And for us Mac people- want to make a movie that'll look like hollywood? Get F.C.P. or Avid. Want to make a DVD that rivals anything at blockbuster? Get DVD studio Pro. Want to make Pro audio surround for your movie or DVD? Get Logic Pro 7, Nuendo, D.P. or Pro Tools TDM/HD.
I'm to damn poor to move up to HD land, but Logic Pro 7 and another desktop, Digital Performer 4.5, Cubase SX3, or Nuendo 3 are in my reach. I guess, musically I'm out growing the stereo boundaries and exploring more video/sample/ midi oriented music.
And what's up with RTAS? Why does AU & VST plug-ins run so fine in OSX, but RTAS doesn't. Case in point...I can run EWQLSO like a banshee in LIVE4, but in PTLE it sucks. Many plug-ins have the same problem. And OH MY GOD, watching guys run Logic & Nuendo on a similar machine as mine and seeing them run so many plug-ins without a glitch just floors me.
So Digi, I know you all are reading this. The 6.7 update is o.k. I don't think I'll move to it anytime soon. What's coming in 7? Give us a reason to wait and wait for it! Maybe a teaser trailer? You won't be surprising the competition...thier stuff is out already

Will PTLE ever take FULL advantage of dual processors? Will it ever run as great in OSX as it did in OS9?
Why not just have Pro Tools HD and Pro Tools native?
I guess ALL of us -LE- users gotta realize...as long as we're PTLE users we'll always be in the Limited edition world of audio/ video & Digi.
It's like that saying....Are you married? Or happily married? Right now... (PTLE)audio wise... I'm married....and bringin' another lady/(DAW) into the house
Old 11-05-2004, 08:07 AM

Quote:

Want to make a DVD that rivals anything at blockbuster? Get DVD studio Pro.
Not as long as Apple restricts us to CD-R with its 4 point something GB capacity ceiling.
digi 001, PT LE 5.3
Old 11-05-2004, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Want to make a DVD that rivals anything at blockbuster? Get DVD studio Pro.
Not as long as Apple restricts us to CD-R with its 4 point something GB capacity ceiling.
You can use an external DVD burner to get around that problem.