Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2008, 08:08 PM

Default Pro Tools won\'t bounce my project!

I've bounced many projects and single files as well, and all of a sudden tonight I try to bounce my most recent project and after I click bounce to disk, .wav file, and convert after bounce, it begins bouncing, but as soon as it begins the converting process I get this message :

"Could not complete Bounce to Disk command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_cliff/Alturaports/NewFileLibs/FileFormat/MacBuild/../../FF/Audio/FF_AudioProperty.ccp." line 33"

I'm just taking a stab in the dark here, but the part that says "Macbuild" seems like it might have something to do with the version of OS X Tiger I'm running being compatible with my version of Pro Tools LE. I have OSX Tiger 10.4.11 with PT LE 7.3cs5.

Anyone have any input on what that message means? Thanks!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools won\'t bounce my project!

Read the General Troubleshooting thread, specifically the part about deleting Database and Volume files.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:17 AM

I deleted the databases folder on the first level of my main HD (there wasn't one on my external that I save all my PT project to) and deleted the Volumes folder in the application support section of the library for Digidesign, and I'm STILL not able to bounce the project I want.

Although, I CAN bounce other projects, just not this current one. The only thing I've done differently is import drum files from Cubase SX3 in .wav format into the Pro Tools project. I've imported audio files into a PT project before without any trouble whatsoever, so I'm confused as to why this time around PT wants to shut me down?

Thanks for the advice on the deleting of those folders, I had heard that that worked, just apparently not for me
Old 02-29-2008, 09:30 AM

Would it be worth trying to import the session data into a new session in case this particular one is corrupt?

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 02-29-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
there wasn't one on my external that I save all my PT project to
That's not possible, unless the drive wasn't plugged in when you had PT launched (is it just a backup drive?). Any drive that is mounted while PT is open will get one of those "Digidesign Databases" folder on it.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools won't bounce my project!

PROTOOLS NOT BOUNCING-----

Here's the simple answer:

turn off airport before you decide to bounce.
Surfing the net or having the airport on during a bounce
will guarantee a #FAIL so stop surfing and get to bouncing