Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 06:06 AM

Default SansAmp: Audio Suite doesn´t work fine in PT 7.1 and 7.3.1

Hi there,
I have a problem with SansAmp. If I use it as a plugin, SansAmp works fine.
But in Audio-Suite mode, there is just a problem with this effect:

Example A:
Open SansAmp Audio-Suite, don´t do anything by the paramters, press "Preview" (you can hear how the effect works), select a region and press "Process". All works!

Example B:
Open SansAmp Audio-Suite, press "Preview" and make your settings by using the parameters (you can hear how the effect works), select a region and press "Process". Now Pro Tools renders only silence to the selected area!!!!

This is the same at PT 7.1 and PT 7.3.1.
Who can help?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Default Re: SansAmp: Audio Suite doesn´t work fine in PT 7.1 and 7.3.1

Ecki, did you ever find the solution to this problem? A colleague of mine is having the same issue in PT 7.4.2. It only happens with SansAmp, all other audiosuite plugs function. I'd love to know why this happens.

Thanks for any insight.

-- Nick

Sound Design/VO
http://noisefreak.com
Old 02-26-2009, 06:44 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFLZ View Post
Ecki, did you ever find the solution to this problem? A colleague of mine is having the same issue in PT 7.4.2. It only happens with SansAmp, all other audiosuite plugs function. I'd love to know why this happens.

Thanks for any insight.

-- Nick
Nick - have you tried trashing prefs yet? Do you have the proper version of the Sansamp plug-in installed?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 AM

Well, it's not happening on my system but I did have him first remove SansAmp from his plugins folder, download the current version for 7.4.2 from the digi site and re-install. This yielded the same results - he can preview but once he presses process a silent region is rendered. It does this with both the use in playlist button selected and deselected (obviously when deselected the silent file is created in the regions bin). So next I had him remove his PT prefs, DAE Preferences Folder, the com.digidesign.* files and digisetup.osx and reboot... he encountered the same problem.
I'm at a bit of a loss since the prefs are now re-created from scratch, the plugin is a current version installed from the digi site and all other AudioSuite plugs are functioning properly. Are there any other troubleshooting steps to be taken aside from a ProTools app reinstall (which I can't imagine is a solution for a single plugin misbehaving)?

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Sound Design/VO
http://noisefreak.com

Last edited by NickFLZ; 02-26-2009 at 08:21 AM. Reason: corrected pref file name mistype.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:02 PM

I have the same problem and posted about this about a year ago. Did not find a solution.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 AM

Smile Audio Suite doesn´t work fine in PT hd 7.3

i am trying to use Audio suite in pro tools hd 7.3 put when in press preview
i can not here any sound although the the signal level meter moving right
can any one help me