Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2002, 04:35 PM

Default random automation points ...

hey,

I've noticed that I get random automation points in my volume levels. I only notice them when I go to move the fader and it immediately jumps back up to the original position. I think these random automation points only appear when I put other types of automation on the track. by the way, the automation points dont change the volume
(the automation line stays flat). any ideas?
thanks. JE
Old 04-30-2002, 11:30 PM

Default Re: random automation points ...

Simply, you are enableing automation, so the automation is now functioning.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:42 AM

I'm not sure I really get your point, but "random" automation points can certainly be created when moving regions from tracks to tracks or even from one position on a track to another (by dragging, copying, repeating or duplicating the regions).
Let say you have a region set at 2dB, drag it to a track where you have volume set at 0dB, it will take the automation along and create two points at 2 dB (on the 0dB track). Generally if you later move this region to another position or another track (while in waveform mode) the automation points will remain on the former track (even if the region has been moved). This even happens when moving a region set at 0 dB to a new track also set at 0dB and then moving it again(thus the two points on a "flat" line).
Since I move regions a lot from tracks to tracks (mostly because of the 24 tracks limitation), I regulary set all my tracks to Volume and Pan view to erase all useless automation points.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:53 PM

yep, T is right.