Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Transferring Midi tracks to Audio tracks??

Can someone here help a rookie out?

After 4 hours of searching on this wonderful forum, ive come across many topics but none that answer this specifically. My situation is this:
I have a few softsynths, that with using an Aux & midi track i am able to record (and playback) into PT 6 just fine. The problem arises when I want to transfer this midi track, to an audio track so that i can do further processing on it [you know like add effects, etc]. After 5 hours of searching & 'manual time', i haven't been able to find an answer.

I know about disabling Low Latency Mode for bouncing, but i'm really just trying to transfer the midi track into a audio track

The only thing i can think of is to do: record the audio output back into the input [of the audio track] and solo the MIDI track and record it to a muted Audio Track But wouldn't this create drastic feedback? Is there another way to do this . Any help is much appreciated guys, thanks!!!!!
Digi 001
Pro Tools LE 6.2.2
Old 01-11-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Transferring Midi tracks to Audio tracks??

Place the softsynth on an Aux track and set the output of the Aux track to BUS 1-2. Create an Audio track and set the input to BUS 1-2. Rec Arm the audio track, hit record and the midi track whicj is assigned to the approppriate output and the synth inserted on the aux track will now be routed to the Audio Tack and be recorded in real time.

Any inserted plug-ins on the Aux Track will be recorded but any on the Audio tack wont - because the inserts are after the recoprding bus ( that is why you need to bus from an Aux to an Audio. )

Besides, you can't record onto Aux tracks - they are primarily for inserted instruments or usings as group faders.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 01-11-2004, 03:05 PM

Set the output of your softsynth aux track (in the mix window) to a bus (number of your choice), set the input of an audio track to the same bus, record enable it and record away. That should do it
Old 01-11-2004, 03:11 PM

Thanks guys for the quick posts...im goin to run home after work today and test out these new tips...thanks again!!!
Digi 001
Pro Tools LE 6.2.2
Old 01-12-2004, 01:03 AM

Sorry to say it didnt work . I followed the instructions carefully: On the Aux track i inserted vsti, in the output selection scrreen i sent it to bus 5-6. For the audio track the input was bus 5-6, and its out went to my main outs.

For the Aux track should the input be set to "No input", like when you are using rewire? Should the midi track be setup in a certian way? For the midi track i had the Input 'to all', and the output to the vsti channel im using.

No i cant even record midi like before and be able to play it back!! Arrgh this is sooo frustatring. The softsynth im using is CSV80 .

If anyone knows how to resolve please share...thanks fo reverything
Digi 001
Pro Tools LE 6.2.2