Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2008, 12:37 PM

Default Problem with Click plug-in

I'm new to M-Powered 7 and am trying to learn as I go. When I tryed to set things up, I can't get my click plug-in to last more that a few beats when I turn in on to record or during playback. I'm assuming that the click should sound throughout the whole operation. My click options are set to: Click during play and record. Output: None. My countoff options are set to: Nothing checked...actually no matter what is selected here it makes no difference. Again, it will count off, but only a few beats, and every time I try it anew it lasts from 1 to only 5 beats.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Problem with Click plug-in

Quote:
I'm new to M-Powered 7 and am trying to learn as I go. When I tryed to set things up, I can't get my click plug-in to last more that a few beats when I turn in on to record or during playback. I'm assuming that the click should sound throughout the whole operation. My click options are set to: Click during play and record. Output: None. My countoff options are set to: Nothing checked...actually no matter what is selected here it makes no difference. Again, it will count off, but only a few beats, and every time I try it anew it lasts from 1 to only 5 beats.
You know what, I periodically get this issue but don't know the answer. All my problems recently were due to having an overclocked cpu which, when reset to default values, all ceased.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Avid

You probably need to install one or both of the dual-core fixes for WinXP. You can find info on how to do this in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x/7.x General Troubleshooting thread.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:24 PM

Couldn't wait to get back to you and let you know that after doing exactly as you said (download the two fixes) my problems seem to have disappeared...the dual-core fix put things back in synch. Thanks for your response. You're well appreciated
Old 02-09-2008, 12:25 PM

Couldn't wait to get back to you and let you know that after doing exactly as you said (download the two fixes) my problems seem to have disappeared...the dual-core fix put things back in synch. Thanks for your response. You're well appreciated
Old 02-09-2008, 12:28 PM

I've searched all through my computer and can't find out how to set the default values you suggested I reset. Could you shed some light on where I might find them???