Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2022, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Some Melodyne track data can't be found. Melodyne edits on affected tracks may no

The Melodyne ARA is a mess. This is clearly a rushed beta at this point. If I close a session and reopen it, some tracks with Melodyne edits have completely reset. If I have any kind of tempo changes, Melodyne has no idea what to do. The only way I can edit a comped vocal track is to consolidate the track first or everywhere there is a crossfade, there a loud click/pop. I will be going back to the plugin, this clearly doesn't save any time or is any more convenient.
Old 12-16-2022, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Some Melodyne track data can't be found. Melodyne edits on affected tracks may no

it's a f#cking disaster

just lost tons of melodyne edits

2 days of work

never ever something like this happened to me in studio
Old 12-21-2022, 12:09 PM
Avid

Hi johnsimmons, strawb, Rica, cebolao,

First, let me apologise for the problems you experience.
PT ARA team has encountered the issues with lost Melodyne edits and the ones leading to error 'Some Melodyne track data can't be found'. We managed to fix a handful but clearly there are more we were not able to catch.

Please don't hesitate to open a customer support case if you have a stable reproduction of the issue. We'll make sure the case makes its way to us for addressing.
Additionally, if you feel you know the potential set of actions that led you to such errors but you can't reproduce them from scratch, please add comments in this thread so we can analyze them as well. The more useful information the better.
Have you seen the error when opening a session backup after encountering it with the main session file?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2022, 04:09 PM

Dmytro, thank you for posting. Please stay safe and SLAVA UKRAINI!
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 12-23-2022, 04:20 AM

While you're there can you please please please PLEASE!!! de-couple the Melodyne window from the main window. There's literally no point having dual monitors / a big monitor if you can't see the edit window and the melodyne window both at full screen size.
Old 12-23-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
While you're there can you please please please PLEASE!!! de-couple the Melodyne window from the main window. There's literally no point having dual monitors / a big monitor if you can't see the edit window and the melodyne window both at full screen size.
Absolutely!

Dmytro - Slava Ukraini! My hopes are for a peaceful time coming for you all.
Old 12-23-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmytro L View Post
Hi johnsimmons, strawb, Rica, cebolao,

First, let me apologise for the problems you experience.
PT ARA team has encountered the issues with lost Melodyne edits and the ones leading to error 'Some Melodyne track data can't be found'. We managed to fix a handful but clearly there are more we were not able to catch.

Please don't hesitate to open a customer support case if you have a stable reproduction of the issue. We'll make sure the case makes its way to us for addressing.
Additionally, if you feel you know the potential set of actions that led you to such errors but you can't reproduce them from scratch, please add comments in this thread so we can analyze them as well. The more useful information the better.
Have you seen the error when opening a session backup after encountering it with the main session file?

Thanks
Dmytro, thanks for your presence. Here, the backup session opening causes the same messages.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com

Last edited by cmbourget; 12-23-2022 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 12-23-2022, 12:13 PM

First time trying ARA and I just lost 2 days of work. Everything was fine the first day, but today Pro Tools crashes at 'restoring ARA data' when I try to open the session.

I was able to go back to a previous auto-saved session, but I lost all of my edits. I get the dreaded:
'The document loaded was corrupted and has been repaired automatically. For safety, please check your edits.'

Importing the track into a new session didn't help either. The edits are gone.

I was so excited about ARA, but now I am terrified of it.
Old 12-23-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbach View Post
First time trying ARA and I just lost 2 days of work. Everything was fine the first day, but today Pro Tools crashes at 'restoring ARA data' when I try to open the session.

I was able to go back to a previous auto-saved session, but I lost all of my edits. I get the dreaded:
'The document loaded was corrupted and has been repaired automatically. For safety, please check your edits.'

Importing the track into a new session didn't help either. The edits are gone.

I was so excited about ARA, but now I am terrified of it.
One wonders how Avid does its testing and how reasonable programmers can fail to see this in the process. It's unimaginable. I saw the problem in 2 hours of use. Avid people test with one track, 2 clips and 12 seconds? What is this? I would love to know.

• Etc.
Old 12-23-2022, 04:06 PM

I end my working evening with this comment: Pro Tools is almost unusable with ARA 2. The session is still light, but the Melodyne folder (which unfortunately can't be moved) is 17 GB, and I feel like every saving saves all 17 GB. It's endless and blocks everything. Fortunately, I finished and restarted a session with my rendered, printed files. Phew... I have Cubase 12, which has trouble with fades and Ara 2, I have Samplitude Pro x 7, which is pretty good but has trouble finding the transformation history with Melodyne, and I had Studio One as a subscription, which seemed pretty good (but I am allergic to its interface). Samplitude is pretty buggy and messy, hence my return to Pro Tools. But it's a big disappointment because of Ara 2 badly integrated.

• Etc.