Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2011, 03:58 AM

Angry Bad first start with PT MP9

I bought the software yesterday (at GC) and installed it according to the directions sheet. When I tried to register it, I entered the data and then when it went to the second page to verify I got a "timed out" message. I couldn't get any further and had to fill out a support request. I am at a standstill until I get a response and someone gets it corrected (and who knows when).

Not a good start for a new PT user (I now have Sonar).

OK, update. I figured out I can't use my existing iLok2 key with this software. I have to use the supplied iLok key (a waste). This doesn't fix the registration problem but the program does run OK with the supplied iLok key. First thing it did was notify me an update was available, which was basically a complete new install.

What do I do with the "Audio Loops and Sounds" disc that came with the MP9 disc? There are no instructions on how to install/use this.

Last edited by fireberd; 11-06-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Updates
Old 11-06-2011, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Bad first start with PT MP9

For what it's worth, you can log in to your iLok account and move the Pro Tools asset from the new iLok to your old one if you'd like...
Old 11-07-2011, 03:39 AM

I don't want to do anything until I get the registration issue resolved. I looked at my account on iLok and it has detected the new PT key but it looks like it's a temporary authorization not a "never expired" type, probably because of the registration problem.

Jack (ROPE member)
Old 11-07-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
When I tried to register it, I entered the data and then when it went to the second page to verify I got a "timed out" message.
Have you tried using another browser for registration?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:30 AM

Yes, I originally used I.E.9. I tried Firefox but the product serial number is shown as already registered. Apparently the registration or at least part went through. But I'm stuck with the registration until Avid gets back to me. I never got to the part of entering my name, etc.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:49 AM

Still no response from Avid. Looks like I'll have to try and call. I am not impressed with Avid support.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:26 AM

Avid must monitor these forums, I finally got a response late yesterday.

The resolution is that they requested I send them the registration data (respond to their e-mail) and they will enter it for me.