Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2023, 09:10 AM

Default NOT Playing back audio

Hi ...

I have a project, that is not "playing back" fully .

I mean the audio tracks are not playing back .
A Inst / MIDI - track with Addictive Drums is playing back as it should, but not any of my audio tracks .

The audio tracks were consolidated from REAPER and then copied to the Pro Tools - session .

Their waveform is displayed, but no sound is coming out .

I'm on a Windows 11 PC with Avid / Digidesign DIGI-002 Rack as my audio-interface .

HELP,

/ Z .
Old 09-12-2023, 10:31 AM

Default Re: NOT Playing back audio

No where near enough information, but shooting from the hip;
1-The 002 is completely unsupported(probably not the issue, but just be aware)
2-check the output on the audio tracks(if you can hear an instrument track, that would seem to indicate a working system)
3-describe the entire setup and what programs are open(if you are trying to run Reaper and Pro Tools at the same time, that's not likely to work as the interface really needs to be left for Pro Tools-use only due to driver limitations).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-12-2023, 11:41 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergei72 View Post
Hi ...

I have a project, that is not "playing back" fully .

I mean the audio tracks are not playing back .
A Inst / MIDI - track with Addictive Drums is playing back as it should, but not any of my audio tracks .

The audio tracks were consolidated from REAPER and then copied to the Pro Tools - session .

Their waveform is displayed, but no sound is coming out .

I'm on a Windows 11 PC with Avid / Digidesign DIGI-002 Rack as my audio-interface .

HELP,

/ Z .
Hi there!

First to consider is your 002 Rack as it's only supported on up to Windows 10.
Now, can you check what output your other tracks are set to? What version of Pro Tools are you currently on?

Thanks,
Tope

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 09-12-2023, 12:09 PM

In addition to the above great advice.

Are the IO output selectors on the audio track that Dave is asking about showing *exactly* the same as for the instrument tracks?

Do you see the Pro Tools track meters move on?

This is a simple session? If you have more complex routing with say sends and auxes going everywhere say so.

Make sure there are no hidden tracks/extra routing doing stuff.

It may be a good idea to track down the actual audio file assets used in this session in the Workspace browser and make sure each one of them actually plays outside of Pro Tools.
Old 09-12-2023, 01:14 PM

It seems there's something odd going with the DIGI-002 rack ;
It is seen in Windows 11 and OS X Big Sur . Dev Manager and System Profiler .

But, when I fire up Pro Tools (Artist I have) the 1394 - led stays on only for a brief moment, then it turns off .

Wonder is there such a thing for this oldie as a Factory Reset, or perhaps a Firmware Upgrade ?

/ Z .
Old 09-12-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
In addition to the above great advice.

Are the IO output selectors on the audio track that Dave is asking about showing *exactly* the same as for the instrument tracks?

Do you see the Pro Tools track meters move on?

This is a simple session? If you have more complex routing with say sends and auxes going everywhere say so.

Make sure there are no hidden tracks/extra routing doing stuff.

It may be a good idea to track down the actual audio file assets used in this session in the Workspace browser and make sure each one of them actually plays outside of Pro Tools.
The IO is set up correctly and the track meters move .
Old 09-12-2023, 01:29 PM

So does an instrument track play back OK or not? If not what changed from when it did?

002 reset instructions are a google away.

Always be careful with these old Firewire things, don't hot-plug the connections.

If it's not playing back in anything you might have a driver or hardware problem. And so folks don't have to guess, what exact driver do you have installed?

This thread would likely get noticed by more 002 users if it had 002 in the title, and was in the 002 legacy forum area. Please don't repost now, maybe a mod can move this thread.
Old 09-12-2023, 01:30 PM

Did you ever hot swap the firewire cable? It’ll fry the controller chip. You have to turn everything off before plugging/unplugging the firewire cable.
I have an 003 rack somewhere in my shed you could get real cheap, if that’s the issue. Not sure if the 003 is supported anymore either, though.
And the other potential issue that just occurred to me….the 002 series had a problem with the power supply harness that Digi had a very generous replacement policy on. Was the power supply/harness replaced? Of course, when it failed, it’d lose firewire connection and you’d get an error message that the hardware was missing.

Last edited by sw rec; 09-12-2023 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:04 AM

Default DIGI 002 Rack - No Audio

The hardware is detected by the OS (Big Sur) .
But somehow audio tracks are not playing back (NOT in REAPER or Pro Tools Artist), instrument tracks (Addictive Drums) work occasionally .

Most often the 1394 goes on for a start, but then after a while it dims out .

I can see the track meters move as I play back the project, but all that's coming out is the Addictive Drums - thing .

The waveforms are displayed correctly, etc . but somehow I'm still facing this issue .

HELP ASAP,
/ Z .

Last edited by Zergei72; 09-13-2023 at 09:09 AM. Reason: tidying up
Old 09-13-2023, 09:08 AM

Default DIGI 002 Rack - No Audio

The hardware is detected by the OS (Windows 11) .
But somehow audio tracks are not playing back (NOT in REAPER or Pro Tools Artist), instrument track (Addictive Drums) works occasionally .

Most often the 1394 goes on for a start, but then after a while it dims out .

I can see the track meters move as I play back the project, but all that's coming out is the Addictive Drums - thing .

The waveforms are displayed correctly, etc . but somehow I'm still facing this issue .

This same post is also on the relevant Mac sub-forum ;
I have a dual boot set up, see .

HELP ASAP,
/ Z .