Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2009, 10:57 PM

Default Brand New Pro Tools User

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask questions...I am a brand new IMAC user and i have pro tools LE 8 and a MBOX 2 MINI. I have a mic plugged into the back and my headphones plugged into the front...when i push record nothing gets recorded from my mic....i know this is amatuer quesitons but I want to learn and asking is the only way.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Brand New Pro Tools User

Hi jdraper and welcome to the DUC :) If I was you I would slowly read the whole PT manual and try everything out. Don't skip a single word even if you think "hah I know this already"... (I mean this in a helpful way not just "RTFM") :)

Check out the LE forum further down

check your signal path... microphone on? (phantom power?), cables ok? plugged into mic input? select correct input and output in PT, cables to monitors ok and correctly attached...

"follow the signal path grasshopper"
Old 04-11-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdraper View Post
Hopefully this is the correct place to ask questions...I am a brand new IMAC user and i have pro tools LE 8 and a MBOX 2 MINI. I have a mic plugged into the back and my headphones plugged into the front...when i push record nothing gets recorded from my mic....i know this is amatuer quesitons but I want to learn and asking is the only way.
This is a TDM (aka HD) forum. You're better off in the LE forum.

What kind of mic are you using? Sounds like you might have to put phantom power on if you are using a condenser.

Pro Tools 10 HD Native | Mbox 3 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.3 i5 | OSX 10.7.4

Pro Tools Music & Post Operator V6-8, Instructor, and Expert ICON Mixer Certified.
Multi-Platinum Pro Tools Videos
Old 04-13-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdraper View Post
Welcome to DUC. I think your problem may be that you haven't set your audio input/ output to use the MBox. Open your system preferences/sound then set your input and output to your MBox. Hopefully you will now be able to hear your mic through the MBox to your headphones. Hope this has helped.