Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2006, 08:02 PM

Default receptor?

hi...i read the messages posted in regards to receptor and all that...and also went to their website and checked it out little bit....yes, it looks like it's a great device and all that...and it's VST but also it's has a uniwire version that possibly supports RTAS?? so please help me understand this better if you don't mind:
the big deal about this receptor is that, it will provide all the processing power, so we won't need to put that pressure on the CPU of the computer?...it looks like it comes with some plug ins already installd...so what if a user already has some plug ins , so what'll happend to those programs?...has any one used this receptor at all with protools?...please advise
Old 03-06-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Re: receptor?

Hi tritonkorg,

Ted from Muse here...

You can install your own plugins on the Receptor...

Check out the video blog I made here:

http://homepage.mac.com/tedrackley/FileSharing63.html

If you fast forward to the end, you'll see how I integrated Receptor with Pro Tools 7 using our new UniWire technology that allows Receptor to act as a DSP accelerator for VI's and FX.

If you have more questions after watching the video, let me know and I will make more videos....
Old 03-07-2006, 10:46 AM

Due to some feedback I have gotten from many of you via email, I am uploading a better compressed, higher resolution version of the video. The file size is bigger, but many of you mentioned that you have broadband now. I also broke the hour and a half long video into pieces so you can get to the section you want without having to look at the whole thing...

It's uploading now, so my homepage is running a little slow. I'll let you guys know when it is done...
Old 03-07-2006, 02:03 PM

It's done! Check it out and let me know if you guys have further questions:

If you have been to the page before, you may have to refresh/reload your web browser for the new videos to show up....
Old 03-13-2006, 01:08 PM

Hi guys,

I just added a video on how to install NI B4 II on Receptor....