Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Importing audio and video from final cut question

Hi, I have a client who is doing a DVD on Final Cut Pro for his company and he would like me to help out on the audio and music. I was wanting to import the audio streams pre-mix into Protools along with the video. There's some mix stuff from the video feeds that need to be cleaned up for wind etc. so I don't really want to just take the mix out of final cut.
I used to do quite a bit of film and TV stuff years ago on 2" synced up to a 3/4" videa deck and an analog board. This would be the first time in protools although I've been using protools since the begining. Any tips or help you could provide on importing the files with the proper placements would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, tex
Old 12-12-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Importing audio and video from final cut quest

In Final Cut, export a compressed quick time movie for you to work with(make sure it has a time code burn), you can import that straight into pro tools and align it with your session time. Next, time stamp your audio files at the begining of the name when you export them, and using spot, once thier imported into pro tools, you can place them across the session in seconds. If the original audio in final cut is quite exstensive with small clips, this is a tedious proccess(so make long bounces) with many exports, Final Cut I believe has an option to export OMF files, although I've never tried it, and you'd have to get digi translator to make a PT session out of it.

Hope this helps you out.
Peace
Kelsey
Old 12-12-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Importing audio and video from final cut quest

Thanks Kelsey, I'll try it with the digitranslator and see how it works out. Good ideas, thanks a lot.