Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2021, 11:47 AM

Default Upgrading to 2021.3 & Avid Support

Two things:

1) After downloading the 2021.3 upgrade and attempting to install, I got an error message that I needed to uninstall the previous version first. I've never gotten that message before and I really don't want to uninstall PT and reinstall it. I think perhaps I inadvertently installed the HD driver (my version is not HD) and that might be the reason. Is there a way to roll back that driver?

2) I created a support ticket with AVID 8 days ago asking this simple question. My case is still "in the queue." EIGHT days! Simple question! I tried using the "chat" feature online to talk to a person - got stuck in an endless loop. Then tried calling the number I wrote down sometime back for AVID phone support only to find that my annual subscription for PT software and support does NOT include phone support anymore (although the price recently doubled). I am seriously thinking about not renewing the perpetual product any more since I can't seem to get timely support. Is this unusual or typical for AVID? Suggestions/advice for getting real help from the company? I typically only have 1 support question (if that) per year. Not sure it's worth it.