Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2011, 06:34 AM

Cool Native Instruments Kore and Komplete 7 Crashes with 003 Engine

Got off the phone with Native Instruments Tech suppport and found that the 003 Engine is causing their Instrument Plug-Ins to crash/freeze/act up and/or just being plain BUGGY!!!! Not sure about this one as NI instructed me to contact Avid after some time on the phone! Before I buying a support code, i wanted to reach out to the PT 9 community to see if anyone has any thoughts as to fixing this problem! Thanks Ricci
Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Native Instruments Kore and Komplete 7 Crashes with 003 Engine

I don't have the answers to your specific problem, but in case you didn't know, Kore and Kore products are being discontinued.

I only mention this because I don't know if it's worth paying for a support code from Avid for a product that won't be around much longer. But I understand if you want to get your specific setup working.

NI has mentioned that there will be a couple of updates coming up to give it a slightly longer life.

You may want to check out this article:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/0...xt-qa-with-ni/
Old 08-02-2011, 08:23 AM

I do know about NI moving on from kore but i believe they are going to continue with Komplete 8. On the phone with the tech, we found that changing the Engine to my Guitar rig or soemthing other than the 003, it worked! both the stand alone and plug-ins like Massive! so we did come to the conclusion that the problem is coming from the 003 when its choosen as the Engine in PT9! Just looking for someone who may have come across the same problem! i know there was problems a few years ago! Thanks
Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 AM

one other thing! The next and last update to kore and Kore player is just for 64bit and possible Lion compatablility! Not for said bugs with 003! They(NI) have no clue why its not working with the 003!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:57 AM

Given that NI are a plugin developer it's down to them to make the plugins work within the RTAS framework, it's a bit of cop out to say the avid engine crashes their plugin, after all the 003 is an Avid interface, it would be a bit different if it was a third party interface.

Personally, i ditched NI years ago, they're RTAS Mac plugins IMHO have always been nothing short off unreliable and a PIA, FM7, Battery, the list goes on. I ended up not using Garritan Personal Orchestra for years until they switched to ARIA player and now it's very smooth.

As always YMMV, but my rig is a lot more stable now NI is not a part of it.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Avid

Is this occurring with high CPU usage? Which port do you have your 003 connected to and do you have anything else on the firewire bus? Which model Mac are you using?

Have you tried reducing the number of processors dedicated to RTAS in the Playback Engine? What error numbers are you seeing?

The more info you can provide, the more likely we are to be able to find a solution...
Old 08-14-2011, 06:28 PM

Unhappy Re: Native Instruments Kore and Komplete 7 Crashes with 003 Engine

i do apologies for not seeing your response sooner! i have done all that you have questioned and thought that i have posted my system so everyone can view it. but it seems i should move that info to a place here that you can see it! IM going to get paid support on Mon 8-15-11! thanks but i have to get this resolved now and either dump the 003 or find another way to get the sounds from NI for continued use!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:15 AM

It's imperative that you reduce processors by 1 in the playback engine. So if you have a dual core machine, reduce to 1, quad core, reduce to 3. Many plugs have non real time code which interrupts the RTAS process, be processors you free up CPU for other processes.

Are you doing this?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:58 AM

Talking Re: Native Instruments Kore and Komplete 7 Crashes with 003 Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitechsupt View Post
is this occurring with high cpu usage? Which port do you have your 003 connected to and do you have anything else on the firewire bus? Which model mac are you using?

Have you tried reducing the number of processors dedicated to rtas in the playback engine? What error numbers are you seeing?

The more info you can provide, the more likely we are to be able to find a solution...
****update and possible fix****
Old 08-23-2011, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricci View Post
****update and possible fix****
******UPDATE AND POSSIBLE FIX!!!!*****

I have an update to the problem of my 003 crashing with the kore and the Komplete family of plug-ins! With Avid's paid support, we have found a fix and the problem! Its comming from "Automaping". I have Novations controller and the their midi controllers have software called Automaping! When we looked in the "plug-ins folder on my Macpro, the tech removed entire folder and placed it on my desk top to save! He notice my plug-ins where in "Folders" and not the usual Plug-in icon! This he said may have PT9 confused or not recognizing the plu-in in this form. So i re loaded the plug-ins and up dated them and they are shown clearly as plug-ins( Plu-in icon) in a new folder. I launched PT 9 and BAM!!!!! No problems, smooth and sounds great! The only problem now, we will be working on today is all my Audiosuite files need to be reloaded and the Tech at Avid said to remove AutoMapping! I will be on the phone with Novation today to see if theres any known problems with their software and PT 9.
heres my System.... 2007 MacPro "Workstation" 2 dual core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHZ "4 Prossesors, 16gbs of ram! Latest Snow lprd , and PT 9.03