How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2022, 06:14 PM

Default Need help with weird plug-in error

Hello everyone -

I am having problems getting my (most) of my plugins to open. When I do a search on this error code I can't find anything on it. Can someone please help and offer some advice? I would appreciate it!! THANKS!!

The error I get says "The plug-in could not be made active because an AAE error encountered. AAE error -7065 was encountered"

Here is my system info -

iMac: (24-inch, M1 2021)
Chip: Apple M1
Memory: 16GB
macOS Monterey - version 12.2.1
Pro Tools - Version 2021.12.0
Old 03-11-2022, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Need help with weird plug-in error

Which plugins are you referring to? It is a know problem with the plugins in the Avid Complete Plugin Pack. Also be aware the macOS Monterey is not yet certified for Protools or any of their plugins. That is not to say it does not work as many folks here have it running with minimal issues. Many 3rd party plugins have been updated to work with Monterey and the M1 Apple Silicon but not all. Avid is traditionally behind in keeping up with Apples annual OS update, so you'll just need to wait a little longer. Recent post by Jeffro at Avid indicate that the plugins will be updated within days, not months. However, not word as to when Protools will be compatible with Monterey.

Please also not that the current version of Protools does not run as a native M1 Apple Silicon application. It runs through Rosetta2, a interim code translator for Intel code.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 03-11-2022, 07:28 PM

I think Obsidian is right. Monterey plugin incompatibility.

I googled:

AAE error +7065

…and seems like you're not alone.

(Notice the plus sign. In searching, minus sign means show results that do not contain, whereas plus sign means; show only results that contain.)
Old 03-12-2022, 09:21 AM

Obsidian and Ben -

Thank you very much for the help and insight!!
I certainly don’t need Monterey running -

If you were to suggest a “working” macOS. for Pro Tools 2021.12.0 - what would you go with?

Thanks again!!
Sean
Old 03-12-2022, 10:03 AM

Obsidian -

The ones that give me that error message below are too many to list - but all of them are from each of the sub categories (i.e. EQ, Dynamics, Pitch Shift, Reverb, Delay, Modulation, Harmonic, Dither, Sound Field, Instrument and Other) - so in each of those, there are many of the plugins that give me that error below.

Should I uninstall all plugin's are to re-install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
Which plugins are you referring to? It is a know problem with the plugins in the Avid Complete Plugin Pack. Also be aware the macOS Monterey is not yet certified for Protools or any of their plugins. That is not to say it does not work as many folks here have it running with minimal issues. Many 3rd party plugins have been updated to work with Monterey and the M1 Apple Silicon but not all. Avid is traditionally behind in keeping up with Apples annual OS update, so you'll just need to wait a little longer. Recent post by Jeffro at Avid indicate that the plugins will be updated within days, not months. However, not word as to when Protools will be compatible with Monterey.

Please also not that the current version of Protools does not run as a native M1 Apple Silicon application. It runs through Rosetta2, a interim code translator for Intel code.
Old 03-12-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm72367 View Post
Obsidian and Ben -

Thank you very much for the help and insight!!
I certainly don’t need Monterey running -

If you were to suggest a “working” macOS. for Pro Tools 2021.12.0 - what would you go with?

Thanks again!!
Sean
The issue is that your 24" iMac M1 probably shipped with Monterey. Protools is certified up to Big Sur at the moment. Normally I would suggest downgrading to Big Sur as that is the OS at the time the 24" iMac M1 was released. However, there is a recent thread where someone is claiming that you can not downgrade such an iMac if it shipped on or after October 2021. I am still waiting to see if someone can confirm this claim.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
Old 03-12-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm72367 View Post
Obsidian -

The ones that give me that error message below are too many to list - but all of them are from each of the sub categories (i.e. EQ, Dynamics, Pitch Shift, Reverb, Delay, Modulation, Harmonic, Dither, Sound Field, Instrument and Other) - so in each of those, there are many of the plugins that give me that error below.

Should I uninstall all plugin's are to re-install?
The sub-categories don't help us tell you if the plugins are Monterey and/or M1 compatible. I understand the list is too long, so you'll just have to go to each plugin's company website and check its OS (and/or M1) compatibility. Perhaps they have an update you need to download as an authorized user. If you provide the specific names and versions of the plugins, some folks on this forum may be able let you know if they have it working or not.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
Old 03-13-2022, 12:54 PM

Sadly - after a very long battle of many attempts last night - I can confirm you cannot back rev out of Monterey to Big Sur or any others.

Quote:
The issue is that your 24" iMac M1 probably shipped with Monterey. Protools is certified up to Big Sur at the moment. Normally I would suggest downgrading to Big Sur as that is the OS at the time the 24" iMac M1 was released. However, there is a recent thread where someone is claiming that you can not downgrade such an iMac if it shipped on or after October 2021. I am still waiting to see if someone can confirm this claim.
Old 03-13-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
The sub-categories don't help us tell you if the plugins are Monterey and/or M1 compatible. I understand the list is too long, so you'll just have to go to each plugin's company website and check its OS (and/or M1) compatibility. Perhaps they have an update you need to download as an authorized user. If you provide the specific names and versions of the plugins, some folks on this forum may be able let you know if they have it working or not.
Here are the missing inserts from "Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle 18.10"

EQ: 304E, ff D-2 1-2 band (mono), ff D-2 4 band (mono), ff D-2 6 band (mono), Pultec EQH-2 (mono), Pultec EQP_1A (mono), Pultec MEQ-5 (mono)

Dynamics: 304C, BF-2A (mono), BF-3A (mono), Fairchild 660 (mono), ff d3 compressor+ limiter (mono), ff d3 compressor/limiter (mono), Impact, Pro Compressor (mono), Pro Expander (mono), Pro Limiter (mono), Pro Multibad Dynamics (mono), Purple Audio MC77 (mono), Smack

Reverb: Reverb One (mono), Reverb One (mono/stereo), ReVibe ll (mono), ReVibe ll (mono/stereo), Space (mono), Space (mono/stereo),

Delay: Moogerfogger Analog Delay (mono), Reel Tape Delay (mono), Tel-Ray Delay (mono)

Modulation: Moogerfogger Lowpass (mono), Moogerfogger Phaser (mono), Moogerfogger Ring Modulation (mono), Reel Tape Flanger (mono), Voce Chorus Vibrato (mono), Voce Spin (mono), Voce Spin (mono/stereo)

Harmonic: Eleven MK ll (mono), Eleven MK ll Cab (mono), Pro Subharmonic (mono), Reel Tape Saturation (mono)

Other: Pro Multiband Splitter (mono)
Old 03-13-2022, 02:17 PM

Meant to say - I REALLY appreciate everyones time here