Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2003, 10:07 AM

Default Cd burning problems

Ok I posted on this topic a couple of days ago but Ive got updates now so tell me what you think.Ive been having this problem with my cd burner,Its a brand new computer but when I try to burn as a wave file it says "error".However when I convert to mp3 first it burns it fine.I called gateway support he says(in a not sure kinda way) my roxio easy cd creator basic 5 will not burn wave files I have to get an updated version,But he put me through a series of tests heres what happened.He told me to convert to mp3 then convert back to wave and try to burn the wave then,well I did this and it burned the wavfile fine.So Did I lose quality in all that conversion?If I do it like this every time is it the same as burning the bounced wavfile before any conversion?Its sad ive got a brand new computer and the technical support cant even give me a straight awnser [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] .Thanks for all your help.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Cd burning problems

Are you trying to make a CD which will play in a normal audio CD player?

Old 06-22-2003, 05:05 PM

Yes I right click the file then I Go to copy to audio cd.Do I lose quality converting to mp3 then converting back to a wav file? Cause it works that way.What burning program do you have?
Old 06-22-2003, 06:42 PM

Of course, you definitely lose quality going to MP3 and back. Easy CD Creator is a lousy program, but it should be able to burn audio CD's from wave files fine. I use Nero on my PC at home, works fine for everything from audio CD to SVCD to DVD.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:52 AM

Hi,

That seems to be a long running prob with Pro tools on Windows. Often a bounce down won't be recognised in a CD burning prog. This has been true of Nero and Cakewalk Pyro aswell in my experience. The way around it is to simply open the wav file in a Wav editing prog. and just resave it. I think even media player is fine. Then the file is seen properly by the host burning program. Some wierd bug in the way Pro Tools writes the header or something. This probably has the same result as converting that file to mp3 and back again without the data loss! Hope this helps.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:42 PM

i think the gateway guy is full of crap, even my older versions of ezcd creator can burn waves. i doubt that would change in an updated version.

HOWEVER, bounce as .aif instead of .wav (if ezcd creator supports .aif for burning), and try to burn as an audio cd. that method works for old versions of nero that would not recognize ptle bounced waves. read the "new duc faq" to see what i mean about the nero bug.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:48 PM

Ok im really new on all of this...............and I figured out why it would not burn after doing a search on duc search.I feel like an idiot but ok here it goes...............I was bouncing as 24 bit instead of 16.I thought the burning program would convert it to 16.I changed it to 16 bit and it works fine now.So now im all good and ive learned something new thanks to you!
Old 06-23-2003, 10:04 PM

great! read through the "new duc faq", it may help you with future questions/problems. i know the "how to burn an audio cd" answer is there 'cause i wrote it! its #31.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:24 AM

There has been a lot of writing already
within this DUC regarding bouncing and
burning.
The program for burning the ProTools
bounced files directly is Nero Burning
ROM version 4.

Do a DUC search on this subject.
It is worth it.

Harry
Old 06-24-2003, 12:46 AM

CD architech is also a great program for burning .wav's. It will work just fine with all of my files. It's worth it if your willing to spend the money on it.