Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2012, 09:57 PM

Default No Sound or Playback with PT 10.

So I just purchased and installed PT 10 to my brand new PC (Intel i5, 8 gigs Ram). I also installed my brand new Focusrite Saffire 6 USB driver.

When I first opened PT it loaded up the said "ASIO has been changed, please restart". So I restarted several times to no avail, i finally hit cancel and just set up an instrument track just to see what would happen. I selected Grand Piano and wrote a bunch of midi notes but NO sound. I hit the start button and the space bar but it would not start any playback.

I should also note that even though it recognizes my Midi keyboard controller none of the grand piano notes would appear to be playing, not even with the mouse either.

So any thoughts on any of this? This is my first experience with Pro Tools.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 AM

Default Re: No Sound or Playback with PT 10.

Whats going on Danny. In Pro Tools go to the setup drop down menu and click on Playback Engine. At the top of the new window there will be a drop down menu where you can pick what pro tools is using to play back. Hope this help you out. Let me know if it does.

-Brandon
Old 07-24-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblack1023 View Post
Whats going on Danny. In Pro Tools go to the setup drop down menu and click on Playback Engine. At the top of the new window there will be a drop down menu where you can pick what pro tools is using to play back. Hope this help you out. Let me know if it does.

-Brandon
Hey Brandon, yes I've been doing that since I started all this but it still gives me the "ASIO has been changed, please restart" message. It's always recognized my Focusrite as being the Playback engine, but it will not engage it and use it.

And as I wrote before, even without sound it doesnt play when you hit the space bar or play button.

Thanks for responding though
Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 AM

Did you check to Focurite site for an updated drived and control panel?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave911 View Post
Did you check to Focurite site for an updated drived and control panel?
Yeah, I updated the latest drivers right after instaling the drivers that came on the disk. Nothing seems to work. Guess I'll take the focusrite back and try n M-Audi interface, hopefully it will work. Thanks Dave.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Focusrite

Hi Danny,

Please get in touch with us here and we can help look troubleshoot your issue for you and get things up and running: http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/contact.php

Chris
Focusrite Support
Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris focusrite View Post
Hi Danny,

Please get in touch with us here and we can help look troubleshoot your issue for you and get things up and running: http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/contact.php

Chris
Focusrite Support
Hey Chris, saw your post a little too late. I ended up swaping the Saffire out for an M-Audio Fast Track Pro and it worked right after install. I hear such good things about the Focusrite pre amps but I just couldn't figure out what was causing the glitch. I had installed the latest drivers to no avail.

Thanks for responding though, appreciate it
Old 07-26-2012, 11:55 AM

Saw this a little too late Chris, I ended up swapping out the Focusrite for an Mbox Pro and everything worked right away. I hear such good things about the Focusrite Pre Amps, Im sure I'll get one a little down the line but I neeeded to getup and rolling. Looked like the last update for the Saffire was back in March, that may have been the issue.

Thanks for the response thoough, much appreciated