Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2006, 01:06 PM

Default MIDI Clock Sync with PT LE

I have an 002 with PTLE 7.1 running on a Mac G4. I recently got a second G4 and I am running Cubase SL on it with a midisport 2x2 interface. I use Cubase for writing MIDI drum sequences.

What I am trying to do:
Cubase is connected to my drum machine via MIDI, and I have the audio out of the drum machine connected to my PTLE system. I want to have my PTLE be a sync master and Cubase be a slave so that I can record and edit on PT and have Cubase chase what I am doing in PT and put my drumn tracks down on PT.

On my Cubase machine MIDI interface, Channel A IN is connected to MIDI OUT 1 on the 002. On the 002, MIDI timecode and clock are configured to send to MIDI OUT 1, and I see MIDI activity on my 002 and on the midisport when I playback on the 002.

When I play on my PT system I get no response from Cubase. My understading is that PTLE does not generate MMC, which is required to start Cuabse from PTLE.

I understand that PTLE has limitations with sync that the HD systems do not, so I am not looking for that answer. I want to know what options I DO have.

Can I configure PTLE to do this? If so, how? If not, then how can I acheive this? Purchase some SW or hardware to allow this to happen? At thit point I just want an answer, then I can decide if the solution makes sense. Right now I have no clue what options I have.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 08-28-2008, 06:29 PM

Default Re: MIDI Clock Sync with PT LE

same problem here..anyone who knows how to handle this?