Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2003, 09:19 PM

Default Some Questions

Hey i got my digi today and im VERY happy. But i want to register it. The thing is, i cant seem to find a registration card. What do i do?

And my other question, what preamp do you recommend for the other 6 inputs on the Digi001? I just want a clear sounding preamp without breaking my budget. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Some Questions

Where did you buy it? There should be a registration card inside the box which you can either FAX or mail in to Digi.

If the unit has already been registered.. I believe there's a $100 charge to change the registration (unless Digi have changed their policy in the last 10 years without telling me).

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 03-20-2003, 10:40 PM

As for the Pre-amps, how many do you need? If its only 2 then check out the DTC from www.mindprint.com is a great option, 2 channels of tube Mic Pre, EQ and Compression in one unit.

If you need more than that then the focusrite octopre might be an option, just make sure you get it with the ADAT out option so you can have an extra 8 good quiality mic pres using the ADAT in of the 001.

Of course there are many other options but these are pretty good ones! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2003, 11:22 PM

I bought the Digi new from MusciciansFriend.com.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:43 AM

http://www.digidesign.com/support/csadmin/rereg.pdf

Check the mentioned link for a downloadable
transfer-of-ownership-form.

Harry
Old 03-21-2003, 07:57 AM

Its not a transfer of ownership though, its a brand new unit.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Registration information is on the same page as the Transfer of Ownership form in the Customer Service section of Support:
www.digidesign.com/support

direct link:
http://www.digidesign.com/support/cs...istration.html
Quote:
Digidesign Product Registration

New Registration

If you recently purchased a Digidesign system or software package, a registration card was included in the box. Please fill out the registration card and either mail it in or fax it to 650.731.6384 marked "Attention: Registration".

Customers in Japan should register with the Digidesign Japan office.

If you did not recieve a registration card, please fax a copy of your original sales reciept with all serial numbers clearly displayed on the fax.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">P.S. We did away with the transfer of ownership fee a few years ago, and forgot to tell Rail. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2003, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rail Jon Rogut:

If the unit has already been registered.. I believe there's a $100 charge to change the registration (unless Digi have changed their policy in the last 10 years without telling me).

Rail
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i changed my registration over the summer, and there were no such fees for this.
At first I printed out the form online, sent it to original owner to sign, but he was negligent in returning it to me .
I called customer support, she said you don't even need the original owner, just the serial number and your name, and it's yours.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by metaltim:
I called customer support, she said you don't even need the original owner, just the serial number and your name, and it's yours.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">An exception may have been made in your case for a variety of reasons, but the transfer of ownership policy is detailed in the transfer form, and does require the signatures of both buyer and seller.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:20 AM

Quote:
P.S. We did away with the transfer of ownership fee a few years ago, and forgot to tell Rail. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••