Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Hiding tracks Question

OK this is somthing that drives me NUTS. I don't hide tracks very often so it hasn't come up much but this latest show I'm on LE so disabling voices and hiding tracks is a must. This problem is the same on TDM and that's what I usually use so thats why I'm posting it here.

THE issue. when clicking on tracks to hide show it is very easy to hit the little triange/ wave form thing to the left of the track name. If your trying to show a hidden track it does nothing BUT if your trying to hide a track suddenly they ALL go away! There seems to be no equivelent to bring them all back so you have to go and click each one and you better not miss or they all go away again! This as far as I can see is absolutly STUPID why would anyone ever want to hide all the tracks??? Is there some way to disable this "feature" or am I just doing something dumb and if I did X this wouldn't happen any more. as is it is a HUGE time waster.
Thanks for any ionsights
Old 08-31-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Hiding tracks Question

Quote:
There seems to be no equivelent to bring them all back so you have to go and click each one and you better not miss or they all go away again!
In the show/hide tracks pop up menu there is a command to show all tracks. Also, if you go to the upper left hand corner of the show/hide window, the cursor turns into a cross hair, which you can click and drag across all the track names to quickly highlight and show all tracks.