How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2018, 12:20 AM

Default Hideous realtime quantise midi clip resize bug PT 2018.3

Hi there.. i played 4 chords.. put the realtime quantize at 1 bar..

All notes visually shifted on time

All correct in event list..

the clip started a bar before the notes.. clip was at bar 1, and notes at bar 2. I checked event list and sure enough not one note started before bar 2.1.1.0

However, if i moved the left of the clip to resize it to bar 2 where the notes started, they disappear (the notes)..

The only work around was to disable realtime quantise, and then do a proper destructive quantise, then i could resize the clip correctly.

This has to be a bug.. otherwise what is the *point* of realtime quantise if you can't resize clips correctly?
I love using the realtime parameters as I have them permanently displayed in the arrange page on the left side.. the one thing i loved about PT midi that I equate to logic's inspector, except PT goes further as allows duration/legato etc to be done from realtime as well, where as logic only really allows quantise and transpose (and track delay).

I am hoping this will be corrected, i am certain i would have noticed it on older versions.. the notes UN quantised started before bar 2.. this is the problem obviously, that real time quantise being selected, although visually moving the notes, is not really doing it underneath...

But again what's the point if resizing clips is making notes disappear LOL? If that is the case, avid should NOT adjust the visual placement of the notes when enabling the realtime quantise, so at least clip resizing correlates to where notes physically are..

anyone else?

PS, i tried to cheat by splicing at bar 2 then deleting the bit of the clip before bar 2, but as soon as deleting, all notes also disappear.

perhaps there is a preference somewhere that I accidentally changed? This is what i am hoping..