Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2003, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Can someone help an old dude relive his past?

hey cool!!! this is great. Bio, I promise Sally will not appear, as I am sure she is quite comfortably locked in your bedroom [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
tee
heeee

Cool guys!! I have one pancake, that is recorded on slow speed (I forget the IPS) so it may be up to an hours worth, I am not sure. There may be tons of just gibberish on it too. I jsut dont know. Like I said, I havent heard them in nearly 20 years. I warn you, it may be total garbage, but hey...I was just a kid.
Sabe, I will try to give you a call after work.
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 12:41 AM

oh and likewise - I have a tascam 238 if anyone would to transfer any of their old stuff too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bi0force1:
sabe is letting the dinosaurs live again [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...my first Bi0 induced chuckle of the day... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 12:45 AM

SALLY AINT HERE!!!!!

sally struthers can go float around w/ kathy bates bobbing for jack nichelsons apples all day......

EWWWWWW, ICK ICK ICK [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roy Howell:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by bi0force1:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...my first Bi0 induced chuckle of the day... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">im gonna make one of those line a day calenders for you roy....just for you [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roy Howell:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by bi0force1:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...my first Bi0 induced chuckle of the day... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey I am not that much of a dinosaur!!! I am a mere 36 years young, and survived the horrid 80s and can do anything a young guy can do and have more money too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
oh come on Bio - she used to be cute!!
never could figger out what she saw in meathead though.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:58 AM

If some of these tapes are 20 years old are they still ok to play? I have heard stories of old 2inch tape that will just fall apart on the reel. You get to hear them one last time and if you didn't copy it onto something else your done for. Well I don't have any idea if any of this stuff would apply to you, just thought I would put it up for thought.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Canteenboy:
...for just pennies a day, about the price of a cup of coffee...we can let this man be thoroughly embarassed just one more time... please reach down and give, won't you? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hahahah [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] very good.... and you are probably right. I went looking for the tapes and found not one, but three reels. There is NO- TELLING what is on them. I was 17, 18 at the time, and had no idea how to multi-track. There is probably drunken band sessions, parties, and who knows what else. I am almost afraid to have anyone else hear them. Actually, I am VERY AFRAID [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 08:35 PM

I recently found a 4-track cassette of an all-nighter I had with some friends back-in college. The highlight was a drunken rendition of "Wild Horses" from the Stones/Parsons fame. We had changed the lyrics to "Clydesdale Horses" (in honor of our friend at the time, Budweiser). It's some pretty funny stuff. I'm sure yours can't be nearly as embarrassing... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 10:51 PM

you want embarasing? me and my buddy sang a song as kermit the frog and elmo the other night.

and then when the song was done we broke out more cartoon voices and made them talk dirty, thats embarasing.....so of course i sent a copy to my friends wife and ben