Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2023, 06:30 PM

Default size of tracks in Windows 10

Hello friends....long time that i have not been using PT's but i am trying to get started up again.I have always had this problem it seems.I have some songs that have the full size channel faders and and full size mix and edit pages on the screen so i know i have done it some how.But i have one song on PT's that i can't get the faders or the pages to be the right size.I make the pages full size and SAVE the changes . but everytime i re -open the song i have small pages and fader size is small.It is not the NARROW track thing it is some other adjustment that i can't find or remember what i did to make my other sessions full size..Thanks for any help

Last edited by mikeyman; 11-24-2023 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 04:45 PM

Default Re: size of tracks in Windows 10

Hmmm, I'm confused too. As for track size(assuming the MIX window), there are 3 sizes possible. Narrow(you mentioned), regular(Narrow not checked) and there is a 3rd size that is sort of undocumented and its caused by using the "fat meter" hack. This is done by holding all 3 modifier keys(Ctrl/Windows/Alt on PC) and clicking on any track's meter. This command will toggle that feature on and off so maybe check for it. In any case, my preferred MIX window is to select Narrow AND the fat meters, which ends up with a track width that is in between narrow and regular(I find it a nice compromise). If its not that, do you have wider than stereo happening?(5.1 and up would cause wider tracks on the MIX window)

As for the MIX and EDIT windows not coming up like other sessions, drag them out to fill(or maximize) the screen they are on and then save/close by hitting Alt-F4(save on the way out). That used to make the setting stick(hopefully it still does). If all else fails, trashing prefs is often worth a try for any "odd" behavior

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-25-2023, 05:18 PM

Default Re: size of tracks in Windows 10

OK i am going to try that FAT thing.Thank You Dave
I don't have any 5.1 ...not sure what that is i have 2018.10 version

Last edited by mikeyman; 11-25-2023 at 05:34 PM.