Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2014, 09:46 AM

Default Fast track Pro is not even coming up in the sound settings

People are complaining that they have no audio. However my issue is that my Fast track Pro is not even coming up in the sound settings under system preferences on my IMac, (2008, 2.4 intel core 2 duo.)

I have done everything from:-

Installing and uninstalling drivers from your website

Re-installing mavericks

Looking for software conflicts etc. (Their are none, I'm currently using a iMac with a fresh install of mavericks, No other programmes installed.)

Quote:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...OS-X-Mavericks
See this KB. Avid is investigating this issue.
However, as you pointed out in the link you posted, my M-audio fast track pro works fine on my girlfriends 2013 Macbook pro (also running mavericks, 10.9.1).

After looking around on the net for some time I have seen that lots of people have complained about having the same problem when they upgrade or install 10.9.1! And these people are NOT EVEN USING M-audio or Avid products. I suspect the that this is an issue with 10.9.1 and audio interfaces/external hardware and not just with M-audio and Avid gear.

When Apple finally pull there finger out of there butt and release 10.9.2, hopefully it will solve these errors. Hopefully......