Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2022, 02:01 PM

Default Re: iLok lost... I can't transfer my licence on my new ilok...

I know this isn't helpful in any way, but I'm experiencing the same problem. Except for my problem also stems out to different computers. My Mac Studio (which is what I'm using to post this) is my desktop/replacement for my MacBook Pro 2017, which hasn't turned on because of what I believe to be a logic board issue. The reason I "lost" my old iLok is that I moved to a new house and it's hiding in a box somewhere. That much I know for sure. I also know it's connected to a USB to USB-C adapter since my MacBook only has USB-C ports.
Old 07-18-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydude729 View Post
I know this isn't helpful in any way, but I'm experiencing the same problem. Except for my problem also stems out to different computers. My Mac Studio (which is what I'm using to post this) is my desktop/replacement for my MacBook Pro 2017, which hasn't turned on because of what I believe to be a logic board issue. The reason I "lost" my old iLok is that I moved to a new house and it's hiding in a box somewhere. That much I know for sure. I also know it's connected to a USB to USB-C adapter since my MacBook only has USB-C ports.
You understand that as soon as you report the iLok as "lost, stolen or just ugly , it can not be reinstated once you find it? As I'm a cheap bastard, I'd sure tear into all the boxes before making a report. And paraphrasing Foxworthy, I bet it'll be "in the last place you look".

Happy hunting!
Old 07-18-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydude729 View Post
Welcome to DUC.

Is there a question here? Are you asking for help?

Different computers have nothing to do with recovering a lost iLok. The whole iLok ecosystem work across Windows, Intel Macs, Apple Silicon Macs etc. There is no difference in anything to do with a lost iLok and recovering the licenses from that iLok based on what computer you have.

You had the same problem going through a lost iLok RMA/support process with Pace/iLok support as described in this thread? You also have a case open with Avid support?

If you know it's lost in a box would just finding it be overall less hassle? Too late if you've already reported it lost.

You have ZDT insurance on the iLok? If not and you rely on this for a business or downtime is just a huge hassle then you should look at that.

I use a Tile tracker attached to iLoks, Apple AirTag might be even better. That's saved my ass several times.