Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2000, 05:16 AM

Default is there an auto search of audio files feature in PROTOOLS 5?

i'm having the hardest time locating some audio files that i have imported into a previously saved session with the files in question contained.i recently reformated the boot drive and reinstalled protools e.t.c: opened the session.to my surprise protools could not locate these files.is there a way to avoid doing a manual search? i also use logic audio and have done the same thing.exept i get an alert box with choices of a maual or auto search.

all suggestions appreciated.

[This message has been edited by GROS (edited April 15, 2000).]
Old 04-15-2000, 05:42 PM

Default Re: is there an auto search of audio files feature in PROTOOLS 5?

I suggest "Session Browser" or "Samplesearch", both by Gallery Software. Both will "resolve" sessions. Check their website.

dc
Old 04-18-2000, 11:03 AM

Try ActionFiles from PowerOn, it will not automatically resolve sessions, but it is a less expensive approach that has a FIND feature that you can use from within the open/save dialog.

jim
Old 04-22-2000, 03:10 PM

Unfortunatly, there is a chance your files no longer exist. If you don't have disk allocation set correctly for each track in the session, the audio files can be stored almost anywhere, including your boot disk.

If the files are on your machine, you can make a list of the missing files as you tell the session to skip them, close the session without saving, do a find from the Mac OS Finder, locate your files and them move them into the proper audio folder. A hassle for sure, but also cheaper and faster than buying, installing, and learning to use other software.

Good luck