Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 PM

Default Waves plugins causing phasing

hello,if i insert a waves c6,c4,L3 multi-or utramaximizerLL on a parallel track,i got some serious phasing issues,troubleshot with the kind people of avid support, did a fresh install of machine and protoolsno change.before i go trough the same hassle with waves support,i want to know if anyone got a solution.i know this was asked before by others but as far as i know not answered yet.thank you
Old 02-08-2011, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Waves plugins causing phasing

Do you have delay compensation enabled? and if so, what is the total delay on the parallel track? if it is exceeding the ADC in PT9 you are going to have issiues. As I recall, L3-16 has almost 5000 samples of delay.. All of the plugs you mentioned have a fair bit if my memory serves.

Try copying all of the plugs to the original track and bypass them all (not make inactive).
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Waves plugins causing phasing

i am just talking about the LL(low latency)versions of these limiters they have about 64 samples of delay same as the c6 and c4.delay compensation on or off give me the same results.lots of the other waves stuff i one share a latency of that value without giving me that headache