Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2003, 12:10 PM

Default Amp Farm discontinued?

Somebody just brought this to my attention and it seems curious. Since I'm still agonizing over whether to buy Amp Farm, other plug-ins, or some outboard rack unit(s), I'm glad I noticed this.

Amp Farm appears to have vanished as a product. It's no longer listed in the Digidesign plug-in finder, or the Digidesign online catalog containing third party offerings. If you do a search, one of the links that comes up takes you to a page showing the HD pack promotion offerings, but Amp Farm is no longer listed. Go to the Line6 website, click on software, click on Amp Farm http://www.line6.com/products.asp?catID=11 and the link is broken. Echo Farm is still in the land of the living, though.

Amp Farm is gone without a trace, so it seems. I wonder if a new product is on the way, or if legal problems developed with licensing all the model brand names. If a new product replacement product is introduced, I imagine it will be Accel only.

Lee Blaske
Old 10-25-2003, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Amp Farm discontinued?

Lee,

That's a good question. It still shows up in the Digidesign Store:
Line 6 Amp Farm

There have been a few threads asking Digi to prod Line6 to update AmpFarm. When you compare the models available in the POD XT vs. AmpFarm, it's clear that Line6 wants to sell hardware. I hope they finally update AmpFarm to add some of the amp and cab models available in the newer PODs. And, of course, it should still work on HD and MIX.

Mark
Old 10-25-2003, 12:29 PM

This is really interesting. I already own Amp Farm and I was going to upgrade to Accel so I would love it if they took that out and put something else in its place. I think it really is about time it gets an update though.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Sorry for the confusion. Amp Farm has not been discontinued. Here's the scoop...

We found a specific problem with Amp Farm v2.3 for Accel systems on OS X, which we posted on the download page yesterday:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/ampfarm

As soon as we have a fix, a new version to replace v2.3 will be posted.

It looks like when we also removed the compatibility check mark under Accel on OS X, we forgot to turn the database item back on after editing. It's back online now:
http://www.digidesign.com/products/d...roduct_id=1001
Old 10-25-2003, 02:17 PM

thanks digi!!!

I use ampfarm every day and would be lost without it!