Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2023, 02:45 AM

Default Difficulty Setting Up EuControl On Windows 11

I'm attempting to get Avid Control to work on my iPad Pro and Windows 11 PC. I have the software installed on both devices and the drivers show as installed on Device Manager. I've been reading the user guide and have followed the istructions up to the part about setting up EUControl.

The guide mentions double clicking the EUCon icon in the tray in order to get to the settings window but when I do that, nothing happens. There are also supposed to be more option when I right click it but all I get are "About..." and "Exit."

The icon is lit up. I can see no connection on my Avid Control iPad app.

Any ideas of where to go from here? This has been quite a hassle so far!
Old 03-04-2023, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Difficulty Setting Up EuControl On Windows 11

I had a little trouble with this myself but it turns out to be pretty simple-it's just the instructions that aren't super clear.

First off, do not install everything in the unified installer on your computer. If, like me, you are not using an AVID control surface then you only want to install the first app in the list. The other stuff caused interference when I installed it so I did the uninstall everything and experimented until I got it to work, using just the first eucon app- IIRC it was for the S1 console. If you have a firewall make sure that eucon is excepted from being blocked in your firewall/security settings.

Open the Avid control app on your device. Restart your computer. Make sure that your device and your computer are on the SAME NETWORK. Say your router is xyz2g and/or xyz5g. Computer and device need to be on the same network IME.

When I start my computer with the app open on my device, the eucontrol network app opens automatically, but if you have done all the above it should open no problem even if you need to click on it in the tray. Give it a minute or so as it's loading and looking at the network and finding all devices on the network.

Once you get eucontrol up on your computer it should pretty quickly see your device which you can now "add" as a control device. Launch Pro Tools. Go to the setup menu, preferences, ethernet and check the eucon box. Open a session and it should populate your device.

TL=DR-Only install S1 control app on computer//Make sure device and computer are on the same network and that firewall settings allow eucontrol to bypass any firewall//Make sure ProTools has eucon enabled.

Hope this helps, good luck
Old 03-06-2023, 01:36 PM
Avid

Default Re: Difficulty Setting Up EuControl On Windows 11

The installer(and user guide) clears state what to install for what surface. It looks like you are clicking on MCClient C Icon? Do you not have the E icon? As 64GTOBOY says install the first option only...the one that says Control (among other surfaces)