Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2009, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Structure Free won't load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
The Pace drivers are not part of cs3. http://www.paceap.com/dldrvr.html
OK, I will try that.
Also, does anyone have Metulski's instructions for Windows XP? That might be helpful...

Thanks,
Brett
Old 06-21-2009, 08:17 AM

Installing the newest PACE drivers didin't help either, but thanks for the suggestion... Anything else to try? At this point, it almost seems easier to just not use Structure until Digi fixes this...
Old 07-01-2009, 03:40 PM

I also had the same problem.. stuck on structure
XP pro SP3, AMD phenom 3-core, 4 G ram, protools m powered 8cs3, m audio projectmix I/O, model Aspire M3201 (originally a vista 64 bit, but have xp pro 32bit as dualboot.... vista kinda sucks )

I removed IE8, I did the DEP fix, I removed the creative music kit, turned firewall off, loaded latest PACE.. and now it gets stuck on the VariFi plugin...
It looks like it always get stuck on the last plugin it has to load. I tries removing all the plugins but then it only says 'loading plugins'... and gets stuck
Also removed my firefox 3.0.5 (ashame).

It is ashame that I must do so much to get a expensive piece of software (to me it is) running. I installed my old cubase 3... no problem what so ever.
I have PT8 for two weeks now and it still won't work..... grrr

anybody know what the problem might be, before I just give PT away and save money for cubase 5?
Old 07-10-2009, 06:43 AM

Just wanted to let people know, that I had the same problem and tried quite a few possible fixes (clean Windows install, Firewall disable, iLok update etc) but found that indeed, it was IE8 that stopped it from working somehow, uninstalling it from the Add/remove programs menu made PT8 work.

Thanks to the people who suggested this.

Phew.
Andreas
Old 07-10-2009, 06:45 AM

Yea, but what about those of us who don't even have IE8 isntalled in the first place? What are we supposed to do? Can anyone from Digi comment on this? Has there been any progress on a fix for this issue?
Old 07-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman13 View Post
Yea, but what about those of us who don't even have IE8 isntalled in the first place? What are we supposed to do? Can anyone from Digi comment on this? Has there been any progress on a fix for this issue?
Have you tried this from a new administrator account?

You could also try deleting your cookies folder for any browsers you currently have installed.

You're absolutely, positively sure you don't have IE8 installed? Your description is so much like the IE8 problem it's difficult to say what else it could be.

Do you have the latest version of the Structure plug-in installed?
Old 07-11-2009, 06:56 AM

My XP came with IE8 standard installed... maybe that's why it wasn't in my add/remove programs. Removing it from dos didn't seem to work either, so I removed it from the program files folder.
Is it possible that there is something left in my system folder?
I installed IE7 (download from MS), and it doesnt start up. When I received automatic updates, it did say IE8 in the update
I will try to download a different version of XP, wich has IE7 installed in it and SP2. Is there a certain version of .NET that has to be installed?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Have you tried this from a new administrator account?

You could also try deleting your cookies folder for any browsers you currently have installed.

You're absolutely, positively sure you don't have IE8 installed? Your description is so much like the IE8 problem it's difficult to say what else it could be.

Do you have the latest version of the Structure plug-in installed?
I am positive I do not have IE8 installed. Actually, I just reinstalled WinXP with SP3 and IE7. I will see if this clean install helps, and will post back with the results...
Old 07-17-2009, 11:57 PM

Most probably knew, but if you first installed IE8 and after that SP3, you cant remove IE8 without first uninstalling SP3. Then remove IE8 and reinstall SP3.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:25 PM

Thumbs up Re: Structure Free won't load

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman13 View Post
I am positive I do not have IE8 installed. Actually, I just reinstalled WinXP with SP3 and IE7. I will see if this clean install helps, and will post back with the results...
I installed a new XP, with IE7 and SP3, downed .net 3.5
Pro tools runs fine so far.. still have to check out the plug ins, virt instruments etc
and I have to update to cs3.. but I HOPE that doesnt give any problems.
One thing: You have to install the driver first for de Ilok, it aint just plug and pray

Hope it keeps running
interface looks cool