Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2014, 11:02 AM

Default Eleven Rack not recognized by Macbook Pro as a "Sound" device

Hello. New user here. Thank you for this community!
So I hope this isn't already covered elsewhere (I searched)...
I am using my new Eleven Rack with a Macbook Pro OSX 10.8.
I have installed the latest Eleven Rack drivers.
I am not using Protools but am using Logic Pro Studio, using 11R as my primary interface for recoding and monitoring.
Problem:
When I plug the 11R into my Macbook, it is not recognized as an audio device so I can select it for use as the primary audio device (listening to itunes tracks, monitoring in Logic).
Unless I reboot my system, it doesn't appear in the Setup, Sound menu.
Steps I'm taking:
1. After rebooting with the 11R on, it is available and defaults as the sound device for all audio.
2. I use 11R to record in Logic and all is good.
3. I disconnect my Macbook so I can use it elsewhere other than my studio.
4. I reconnect the 11R USB to my Macbook
5. I go into Macbook "System Preferences", then select "Sound", and the 11R is not in the"Output" or "Input" devices. No matter how many different ways I connect it (power on, then connect; power off, then connect), the 11R is not appear on the menu.
6. I have to reboot the Macbook with 11R on to get the Macbook to "see" it and then it defaults to the 11R as the Input and Output device.

So I want to be able to connect and reconnect the 11R without having to reboot each time (as a good USB device should do!).
I tried different USB cables and that did not work.
Please advise and thanks for your help!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack not recognized by Macbook Pro as a "Sound" device

After plugging in your 11r to your Mac and launching LogicPro X have you gone to Logic Pro X >> Preferences>>Audio and selected the 11r as your input/output device?
Old 02-12-2014, 03:05 PM

Yes. But the 11R is not listed there because the Macbook doesn't recognize it. After I reboot and the Mac defaults to 11R as the audio device, it can then be selected as my audio interface in Logic.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:11 AM

Hey SPC777, Just wondering if you ever solved this issue, as I have exactly the same problem! My issue is I like to turn the Eleven off when I leave the house, and when I come back, I always have to restart my Mac to get it to recognise it again!

Did you reach a conclusion mate?