Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 PM

Default Problems w/ Hybrid

I recently got the Pro Tools 110 book and redeem Hybrid as my plug in, installed 1.5.2 then the updater to 1.5.3. It works fine but I noticed that there are no presets at all. Is there some way to get them or download them? I reinstalled both files I downloaded but no luck.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Problems w/ Hybrid

Also noticed there was a 1.5.4 but I wasn't able to find a download link.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:07 AM

You should check first to see if the presets have actually been installed. Go to this location on your computer :

HD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-In Settings>Hybrid

Inside the Hybrid folder there should be a number of other folders starting with "01 Soft Pads", "02 Bright Pads". . . a total of 18 preset folders in all.

If these folders of presets have already been installed, it could be a problem with the root settings folder not being correctly assigned.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstaar View Post
You should check first to see if the presets have actually been installed. Go to this location on your computer :

HD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-In Settings>Hybrid

Inside the Hybrid folder there should be a number of other folders starting with "01 Soft Pads", "02 Bright Pads". . . a total of 18 preset folders in all.

If these folders of presets have already been installed, it could be a problem with the root settings folder not being correctly assigned.
Thanks for the reply, I checked out the directory and noticed there was no folder for Hybrid . How do I go about fixing this? The Plug-In installed fine and works with Pro Tools, could I have done something wrong?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:21 AM

That's odd. Not sure what you could've done wrong whilst installing. My next step would be to check they've not been put in the Library folder in your User account. That would be :

HD>Users>You>Library>Application Support>

Look for any folders here relating to Digidesign or Hybrid.

Failing that, you might be able to open the Hybrid Installer .pkg file and install them manually by holding ctrl and clicking on the .pkg then choosing show package contents. Next open the contents folder and double click the Archive.pax.gz. Chances are it'll expand into your downloads folder so go there next. Finally open up the expanded archive folder and in Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-In Settings> you'll find the Hybrid presets folder which should then be moved to the correct location on your computer HD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-In Settings.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:34 AM

There was nothing in HD>Users>You>Library>Application Support> but the installer solution worked great! Thanks a lot!!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 PM

Arrow Re: Problems w/ Hybrid

I have seen this happen. You are not alone. How or why it happened I could not figure out.