Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2001, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Opening Session w/missing audio file

When your computer looks for the file, and cant find it, it should throw up a window asking you where it should look. You will see a SKIP button, if you know its not available anymore, and everything else should load up fine. Are you getting the "looking for missing files" window?

Cliff Adams
MasterPeace Sound
Old 09-23-2001, 11:19 PM

AH, But how do you get rid of the lost file window altogether. I`m sick of dealing with this screen every time I open certain sessions. Would copying the tune in another name get rid of it,or is there another way to chuck this window??? THANX,jeff
Old 09-24-2001, 12:55 AM

Default Opening Session w/missing audio file

Is there any way to open a session that has a missing audio file? I crashed during a session and one of the tracks got erased and
now won't re-open the session because of the lost track/audio file. I'd hate to think I can't open the rest of the tracks just because one is missing. where02190 suggested
the mac care unit which I am going to get ASAP but it seems there should be away to
open the session with out the G4 getting hung up looking for the lost track. Any suggestions?
Old 09-24-2001, 04:10 AM

Select any italicized regions in the audio bin and remove them. Save.
That should do it...

dk