Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 AM

Default Cedar DNS2000 problems with multiple user accounts

I wonder if anybody here has had luck with Cedar DNS2000 with multiple user accounts? I have two user accounts in my MacPro, both have the full admin rights. But RCS don't want always to work in the account 2. When launching a session with DNS RCS, I can get the following message: "The following plug-ins were made inactive because of insufficient systems resources: DNS RCS (2)". And so RCSs are inactive when session is open, and if I try to activate them, I get DAE error #-7401.

I found a workaround to not get these error messages. If I restart my Mac, instead of logging out from account 1 and logging in to account 2, and then log in to account 2, I am able to open the session without any error messages. However, even after this, I can unfortunately see that that audio is going into DNS2000 (via AES/EBU insert), bot not coming back into Pro Tools.

That said, most of the time using DNS with two user accounts is no problem. And sometimes I can get these problems even when using only my main account. But when it hits you, it's very difficult to track down what the problem is. I have tried all the normal trashing of preferences, re-installing RCS, repairing hard drive rights... you name it.

The kind people of Cedar are aware of this problem, can reproduce it, believe it is related to multiple accounts, and are looking for a fix. However, because my schedule is very tight right now, I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems, and found any ways to solve them. Big thanks!

MacPro / PT 8.0.3 / OSX 10.6.2