Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2014, 10:19 AM

Default Any way to temporarily bypass the Avid Fast Track Duo without disconnecting the USB?

Hi,

I am brand new to using the Avid Fast Track Duo. I am a video editor, cutting material on my macbook for the web. Sometimes, I wish to cut off the feed to the Avid fast track, so that I can simply hear what the audio sounds like over my laptop speakers (to judge it for certain 'real world' listeners). However, the only way I know how to do this is to physically go over to each speaker and power them off and then disconnect the USB powering the fast track duo. This is a bit time consuming - especially since I have to check back and forth. Also, my understanding is that it's not a good idea to just pull the usb out and push it back in again, because it could potentially damage the speakers? It does make a strange noise when I do this. Any ideas on how to get quick bypassing?