Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2010, 07:45 PM

Default Input/Output MIDI Problems?

Um, so I guess this is kind of a weird problem, or not and sorry if this is the wrong place.
So, I have a keyboard that I want to hook up to my computer, but it goes through a USB converter, not the I/O of the Mbox. When I record I can route the sound back to the keyboard, but not to the large speakers connected to the I/O box.(sorry for lack of detail)That box has the plugs for the mike and instrument amps. Most of the problem stems from the fact that I can't choose the speakers for my output on the Mix Window. I checked the manuals and tried all the MIDI related things, but none helped. Is there any way to route the sound/MIDI of the keyboard to the large speakers instead of just back to the keyboard?
Thanks!
Information.

Keyboard: Casio 1 WK1630
Running Microsoft Windows Xp Version 2002
Software: Mbox2 Mini and Pro Tools LE 8
Converter: Some generic thing that hooks output/input of keyboard to USB spot

EDIT: Whoops read the need to know stuff, sorry I was in a rush. new info(I don't acutally get half of this)
4000+, 2.40 GHz., 1.93 GB of RAM. I'm aware this is low
As above, I have tried basically everything in the manuals Getting Started and Setup Guide which isn't specific, or plentiful, obviously.
Uhh.. I don't know what OS is so sorry for coming off as a total newbie with computers, I know barely enough to get by.

If you can help that'd be great. Thanks again
Old 01-05-2010, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Input/Output MIDI Problems?

If I'm guessing correctly at what you're wanting to do, you need a cable from the audio output of your keyboard (some keyboards have 2 for L + R) to the input of your MBox. Then create an audio track in LE and assign the input that corresponds to your MBox input to the track - check your I/O settings to make sure you're set up correctly.

If you're still overwhelmed I'd strongly recommend checking out some tutorial videos on YouTube and other sites to help get you started. Good luck!

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 01-05-2010, 09:01 PM

Ugh, I'm not sure there's space for it but in any case I'll look up some videos
Is there anyone who knows how to make it work with the USB converter? Basically, I can choose my keyboard for I and O and I can choose the Microsoft MIDI something which doesn't help. I want to set the input as my keyboard, and the output as my speakers connected to the little box. Basically, I want to be able to hear my keyboard on my speakers when playbacking and etc.
Thanks again
Old 01-05-2010, 10:42 PM

The videos won't take up "space" because they're online. What I told you before is how to hear your keyboard through Pro Tools and on your speakers. It's not the only way to do it, but the easiest with what you have. You need a cable from your keyboard output to your MBox input.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 01-07-2010, 07:15 PM

Uh, sorry, I meant space on the box, the space for cables is full, I am aware that videos don't take space. Thanks though, if there isn't any way to make it work I might just have to get a cable and just switch out the cables when I want to record, because like I said, all I have for this right now is the I/O to USB.