Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2023, 07:48 AM

Default Re: ElastiquePro

I had hopes for this algorithm.. I tried some older sessions that I used EA on and opened them up for switching mode to Elastique. Hoping to get them to sound better. It worked for a little while and suddenly it starting to drift and acting up. Random mess. This was long files. 3 minutes..
Old 06-08-2023, 12:16 PM

I had high hopes too. More than once I've brought sounds from a PT session into Ableton Live just to make use of its time stretching, which is also an implementation of Elastique. If Ableton can afford to licence it for even the most basic edition of Live, why the limitations in PT? Just being cheap? zPlane playing hardball because they have competing products available?

Last edited by JingleDjango; 06-08-2023 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:13 PM

I updated from .3 I think it was to this newest .6 update and I wanted to see if the Elastique issue had been fixed.
On playback it was still drifting for me, but when I consolidated JUST to see if offline rendering would render it how I edited it, I was surprised to find out that it (mostly) rendered my edits properly. A little overall drift towards the end but I just cut that and slid it in place and it all played back fine.

Not a full fix, but still sounds much better than the old stretch algorhythms.
Anyone else want to try to see if it's happening for them too?

EDIT: Edited bass on another track, and it's definitely not consolidating in a way that reflects my edits. What a bummer.

Last edited by ahh_ceh; 06-29-2023 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
I concur with the above. It seems to run fine when it's "real-time", and for me it seems fine with "standard" use, but it definitely struggles with keeping the timing faithful when it comes to committing if there are tempo changes, or if you've e.g. generally sped the whole track up. I've even had it "wobble" up a semitone for a small section. I've definitely had that thing where it's gone out of time by the end of the track when its been "committed", I actually thought I was going mad at first as I couldn't believe it wouldn't just work.

I've also found that, although it IS on the whole the best sounding (when it's working correctly haha), it still has a tendency to smear the transients a little, compared to Polyphonic (although Poly has its own inherent problems of course).

TL;DR In the main I've stopped using it as I just don't trust it.

I'm currently using it on some guitar tracks. I'm finding this to be true as well. I've been switching back and forth between Polyphonic and elastiquePRO.

The timing on the guitar tracks are very close to perfect. Polyphonic is reproducing the transients better. Playing style is muted and picked.
Old 07-17-2023, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPMusic81 View Post
In my experience using Elastiqúe Pro, it gets SUPER buggy when you commit the audio. Strange audio blips, audio not being in the right place as when you edited it, etc. Renders it utterly useless at the moment. The plugin is outstanding, the algorithm as it has been incorporated into Elastic is not ready for prime time yet.

M
+1
Old 07-17-2023, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPMusic81 View Post
In my experience using Elastiqúe Pro, it gets SUPER buggy when you commit the audio. Strange audio blips, audio not being in the right place as when you edited it, etc. Renders it utterly useless at the moment. The plugin is outstanding, the algorithm as it has been incorporated into Elastic is not ready for prime time yet.

M
experiencing the same! Could omit the audio artifacts by consolidating the clips instead of removing Elastique in the track which get's the dialog pop up with 'revert or commit audio' . If I commit this way, the result is horrible!!
Old 07-17-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumdrum View Post
I have just updated pro tools for the use of elastique pro. I love the sound but when I go to bounce in place (alt shift 3) it reverts my editing back. When I commit (right click on track and commit and make inactive) it shifts everything I've done. same thing if I try to record it to an audio track. What gives?!?
We finally have an algorithm that sound good and I can't even bounce it down? Anyone else?
How is it if you assign to an aux bus and record to another track or bounce to disk and import back into the session?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 09-13-2023, 11:46 PM

Another victim here. Even trying to route edited audio to an aux or another audio track and bounce in real time doesn't work: it gets all kinds of screwed up, just like trying to render. I have noticed it worsens when the timeline has tempo changes.

Such a shame, its by far the best sounding TC/E algorithm but in its current state unreliable.

I long to have Waves' Soundshifter as an elastic algorithm. I also wish SoundToys' Speed was still available! It's teased in the options but it's a ghost of editing past, sadly.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmotman View Post
Another victim here. Even trying to route edited audio to an aux or another audio track and bounce in real time doesn't work: it gets all kinds of screwed up, just like trying to render. I have noticed it worsens when the timeline has tempo changes.

Such a shame, its by far the best sounding TC/E algorithm but in its current state unreliable.
Currently elastiquePro isn't avaialble in TC/E unless you buy that separate version, which I have. I've had no issues with elastiquePro in TC/E, I think all the issues reported here are to do with Elastic Audio?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-14-2023, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Currently elastiquePro isn't avaialble in TC/E unless you buy that separate version...
Yes, sorry I did mean just Elastic Audio. Not convinced that purchasing the TC/E element will fix the problem some of us are experiencing, and Soundshifter does a sterling job for 90% of TC/E work.