Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2024, 06:20 PM

Default SUG / REQ: Selected/All Marker Properties Changes Possible

It would be great, like tracks, that selected markers could have their properties changed with the standard modifier of Option + choice. This would go for any of the properties:
Time Properties Reference (Absolute/Bars & Beats),
All Marker Properties (ruler, color).

You can already select multiple markers from the "Memory Locations" window (that window needs a name change, btw) or on rulers. But can do very little with that other than delete.

For instance, if
I want to move all the markers to a different ruler (or after filtering by a condition, only those markers.)
I want to switch all Bars & Beats to Absolute before editing so they stay lined up with picture rather than music.
I want to change all markers selected to a single colour to differentiate them (maybe after filtering the Memory Location window to find everything that has to do with one subject.)

It's tedious and cumbersome right now.
Old 01-31-2024, 01:39 AM

Default Re: SUG / REQ: Selected/All Marker Properties Changes Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
It would be great, like tracks, that selected markers could have their properties changed with the standard modifier of Option + choice. This would go for any of the properties:
All Marker Properties (ruler, color).

You can already select multiple markers from the "Memory Locations" window (that window needs a name change, btw) or on rulers. But can do very little with that other than delete.

For instance, if
I want to move all the markers to a different ruler (or after filtering by a condition, only those markers.)
I want to switch all Bars & Beats to Absolute before editing so they stay lined up with picture rather than music.
I want to change all markers selected to a single colour to differentiate them (maybe after filtering the Memory Location window to find everything that has to do with one subject.)

+1 never understood that this is not possible

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 01-31-2024, 05:02 AM

While we're at it, why not a Batch Rename Markers dialog?
Old 01-31-2024, 10:27 AM

Quote:

For instance, if

Especially this for me. I've needed to do this many times and it is really tedious on a project with lots of markers.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 01-31-2024, 11:00 AM

Also, along these lines, there's no reason why the marker shape can't be different for absolute vs bars & beats!
It's so annoying I start to edit and suddenly markers are moving because I didn't realize the previous person has them in bars&beats and so they are tick based instead of time based.

A quick visual indicator that it is in Bars & Beats would solve that. Something simple: triangle up vs down point. triangle vs rectangle. Something simple.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Also, along these lines, there's no reason why the marker shape can't be different for absolute vs bars & beats!
It's so annoying I start to edit and suddenly markers are moving because I didn't realize the previous person has them in bars&beats and so they are tick based instead of time based.

A quick visual indicator that it is in Bars & Beats would solve that. Something simple: triangle up vs down point. triangle vs rectangle. Something simple.
There are different shapes for Absolute vs Bars|Beats, unless I'm missing something? Location 19 is Absolute and Location 20 is Bars|Beats. Maybe not the easiest to see, but it seems to be there.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 3.24.43 PM.png (4.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-31-2024, 05:05 PM

A big one that we still don’t have is the ability to remember markers correctly so they can be recalled with the . (Number). shortcut in a logical way Once you add markers non sequentially it makes a mess of the order and there’s no way besides a workaround that involves MIDI export to fix it as far as I know.
32 GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
Ventura 13.6.4
Old 01-31-2024, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
There are different shapes for Absolute vs Bars|Beats, unless I'm missing something? Location 19 is Absolute and Location 20 is Bars|Beats. Maybe not the easiest to see, but it seems to be there.
I missed this. I do wish it was more clear.
Also using the same symbol for "song start" as the "absolute" marker seems inverted. (seeing as song start is a relative point. move the song start and the bars/beats markers move with it -- but those are the other symbol.)
Old 02-01-2024, 06:46 AM

Quote:
I missed this. I do wish it was more clear.
Also using the same symbol for "song start" as the "absolute" marker seems inverted. (seeing as song start is a relative point. move the song start and the bars/beats markers move with it -- but those are the other symbol.)
Yeah I'm definitely not saying that it all makes sense, just that it's there, in some form. But it's definitely not super clear.
And I agree about the song Start icon needing to match the Bars|Beats icon.