Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2022, 10:18 AM

Default Cursor start point problem, please help

Running Mac version of PT 2021.3.1... I'm a longtime user so familiar with the basics but I keep running into a particular problem occasionally that I can't solve.

Suddenly, on all my previous sessions which used to work normally, I can't place the start point where I want with my mouse. When I do and hit record or play, the cursor begins from some other point in the track. This point is marked by either a big red or big blue arrow where the running time is. Sometimes the arrow appears split into two pieces. But I never clicked at those locations so I don't know what's telling PT to begin there. I tried hitting the A-Z button in the upper right (turning it to yellow) cause sometimes that helps with keyboard issues but that doesn't do anything to restore my mouse as the designator of the starting point. (And yes, I rebooted.) Any suggestions? TIA
Old 06-04-2022, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Cursor start point problem, please help

OK, never mind. I finally found an article which mentions a solution. There is a button underneath the zoom tool that I must have errantly clicked which links the edit point to the timeline. Why anyone would want to default to those two things being disconnected is beyond me but it solved my problem. Just hope I remember this the next time it happens in a year or two lol.
Old 06-04-2022, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Cursor start point problem, please help

Why anyone would want to default to those two things being disconnected is beyond me

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniq...dit-selections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro