Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2024, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Altiverb 8 released.

I've been testing this out today with some colleagues, the User IR's don't seem to show up when using search which is a bit frustrating, you can browse, but not search. I was hoping it was just indexing in the background and eventually show up, but it hasn't turned out that way.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

(yes, all paths are correct and have checked preferences)
Old 01-09-2024, 08:30 AM

Altiverb 8 - Windows support will be added later

I wonder if Windows owners can not buy it at a better price right now?
I would be interested in this offer for Altiverb 8 Regular
EDIT. I will probably wait for Altiverb 8 Windows support as I don’t want to have different versions and the related problems.
And Altiverb support answered me that price is always the same, that will not change.

Last edited by inspire; 01-10-2024 at 04:11 AM. Reason: more information
Old 01-10-2024, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainvimmes View Post
I've been testing this out today with some colleagues, the User IR's don't seem to show up when using search which is a bit frustrating, you can browse, but not search. I was hoping it was just indexing in the background and eventually show up, but it hasn't turned out that way.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

(yes, all paths are correct and have checked preferences)
Yes! I'm having to do a recall from last year to add a featured artist to a song, and I can't get it to load the IR from 7! This job should have been so quick and simple, but I'm hours in and can't get this to work!!!
Old 01-11-2024, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeatless View Post
Yes! I'm having to do a recall from last year to add a featured artist to a song, and I can't get it to load the IR from 7! This job should have been so quick and simple, but I'm hours in and can't get this to work!!!
I really wish they would have just replaced the 7 license with a bundle 7/8 license. That would allow us to move 8 to the unused folder and put 7 back in place in a pinch. I'm not sure what the logistical implications to that are with Pace, etc., but it doesn't seem like it should be that hard.

I did read someone somewhere say that they will give you a temporary 7 license if you contact them. Might be worth a try?
Old 01-11-2024, 08:48 AM

I heard back from support. It sounds like there's a bug with the user ir folder and they're working on an update to fix it.

They suggested that I move my IR's into a folder inside the "User Created IRs" folder and rescan. I had multiple IR's saved directly in the "User Created IRs" folder. I can now get the IR in question to load, but it will still not load when opening the old session. I'm having to re select it from the library. Luckily in this case I don't think I changed any of the defaults and it seems to match pretty closely.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:27 AM

I watched the video and read and communicated with support and made a decision and I got the previous; version 7: until 8 supports for Windows.
Everything installed nicely and I now have Altiverb 7 on Windows. I activated on iLock and promised it works!

Last edited by inspire; 01-12-2024 at 11:18 AM.