Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2011, 05:54 PM

Default Pro Tools 9 HD Software with Venue FWx Option Card

If I understand this correctly, Pro Tools 9 HD Software will recognize a Digi 003 rack. Will Pro Tools 9 HD software recognize the FWx option card on a venue system? Or do I need a Pro Tools 9 license as well?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 HD Software with Venue FWx Option Card

My understanding is that PT 9 HD will recognize all the above. You also have the advantage of being able to install the software on another machine and by putting your Ilok dongle into this machine work on that instead.

A friend of mine has found one limitation, he has HD1 core card installed and found that for some reason Pro Tools limits his voices available to those of the HD1 card, whereas, I believe, if he was using a machine without the HD 1 card installed in native mode he has more available, though without the latency compensation.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Avid

Hi,

PT9 is compatible with FWx. A PT9 iLok authorization (license) is needed in all cases to run PT9.

Sheldon
Old 07-20-2011, 07:03 PM

Sheldon, Thank you for taking time to respond... I do understand that PT9 is compatible with FWx Card. My real question is, can I use PT HD9 software with a FWx card? I currently operate a HD system on a MacBook Pro when on the road. When I do travel, I don't always get a Venue system with HD Cards, but most Venue Systems have FWx cards. Can I use my Pro Tools HD9 Software with the FWx card or do I need a PT9 in addiction to PT HD9?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Avid

Ah...got it. Check your iLok account - the HD9 auth is usually bundled with a PT 9 auth, if I recall correctly.

Sheldon